I need some advice, simply put I have no idea what I am doing. 02/05/2012 10:37 PM CST

Any thoughts on the below, I could use some good coaching.

Currently wearing leathers, soon to move to brigidines, and no idea what to do on armour too.

Level 23.

kills:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 126 33
Shield Use.........................| 126 33
Combat Maneuvers...................| 102 24
Edged Weapons......................| 136 38
Brawling...........................| 30 6
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 58 12
Physical Fitness...................| 147 47
Dodging............................| 86 19
Harness Power......................| 93 21
Spirit Mana Control................| 54 11
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 54 11
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 5 1
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 20 4
Survival...........................| 111 27
Perception.........................| 74 16
Climbing...........................| 58 12
Swimming...........................| 45 9
First Aid..........................| 30 6
Trading............................| 66 14

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 5

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 12
Training Points: 11 Phy 10 Mnt
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

105 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2012.

Your 30 day migration period will begin when you choose to degrade a skill.

Further information can be found in the FAQs.

Spell Ranks:
Minor Spiritual :5
Paladin Base :12

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 58 (4) ... 58 (4)
Constitution (CON): 55 (2) ... 53 (1)
Dexterity (DEX): 77 (18) ... 77 (18)
Agility (AGL): 77 (23) ... 77 (23)
Discipline (DIS): 76 (8) ... 76 (8)
Aura (AUR): 84 (17) ... 84 (17)
Logic (LOG): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Intuition (INT): 83 (16) ... 83 (16)
Wisdom (WIS): 73 (11) ... 73 (11)
Influence (INF): 77 (18) ... 77 (18)
Re: I need some advice, simply put I have no idea what I am doing. 02/06/2012 08:45 AM CST
Your training is really all over the board and needs to be pared down to some core skills. Understand that points are tight for paladins, but when trained properly, they are very effective in combat...but that is all they can really do well. Considering the idea of a holy warrior, dedicated to furthering their deity's influence through war, its makes sense.

Below is where I would recommend you be. You simply cannot train in any tertiary skills and only in a very few secondary skills till you are past level 100. You will never reach level 100 unless you are completely focused on combat, protection, and spells. You will have to do without first aid, perception, brawling, extraneous lores, trading, dodging(you won't miss it) and minor spirit for a good while.

You need to get paladin spell 1635 by level 35 for one thing (Beseech). You need 25 ranks of religion lore for your main combat spell (1615) as well. Once you have both of those, you can train in minor spirit and other lores.

You should already be in brigandine, and though with 48 ranks you could be in lesser chain class. You could just live with the brigandine armor till you hit 70 armor ranks for hauberk, or 90 ranks for metal breastplate unless you want to experiment with chain class (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Armor_Use). Wear the heaviest armor you can and be able to cast your paladin spells with minimal hindrance. Casting minor spirit spells outside of a node with minimal hindrance is a game for the uber-capped paladins.

I have not put this into Tsoran's spreadsheet, but the below should be doable. And you can project this training plan out to see what to train in at what rate in the future. This should keep you busy for a while. Extra points should go towards combat manuevers, multiple opponent combat, and physical fitness.

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 148 48
Shield Use.........................| 148 48
Combat Maneuvers...................| 102 24
Edged Weapons......................| 148 48
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 58 12
Physical Fitness...................| 132 36
Harness Power......................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 58 12
Swimming...........................| 58 12

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 0

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 24

-Valicar and player.

>You swing a silver-hilted enruned black warblade at an ice hound!
>AS: +887 vs DS: +117 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +5 = +809
Re: I need some advice, simply put I have no idea what I am doing. 02/06/2012 09:03 AM CST
>>You need to get paladin spell 1635 by level 35 for one thing (Beseech). You need 25 ranks of religion lore for your main combat spell (1615) as well. Once you have both of those, you can train in minor spirit and other lores.

Shake a paladin tree, and more ideas will fall out. :)

Skip the lores if you want until much later -- you DON'T need them, but they're nice to have. For spells, I went 103->1635 (at 35th, no less)->120->1640->(break)->140 by cap (I had up to 1640 by...my low 60s, at which point I trained the 15 ranks of whatever lore it was to make 1603 more effective.

I'm sword and board and my first post-cap training goal finished CMANs, which I needed about 25 ranks of to max out, and now I'm doubling up my PF. I had 70 ranks of mstrike, too, by cap. You want 200 ranks of armor for maxed out fluidity, as soon as possible. I had that in my mid-50s or so.

Bear in mind, I'm a mutant build in many ways. In plat, the 1640 was sort of good to have for those times a cleric isn't around. I did it for that purpose, and it helps with my CS as well. One year, I'll actually get 100 ranks of paladin spells but my next training goals are really going to take me a long time, especially with my limited playing time the past few months: THW->TWC, so I can use the hot katana/wakizashi pair I'm building up. I also have 50 ranks of dodge, which will also eventually max out.

If a shield user, max out shield bash, find a sancted shield and cast 1608 on it and watch the fun.
Re: I need some advice, simply put I have no idea what I am doing. 02/08/2012 09:52 PM CST
Thank you, I'll see what I can do to focus my training points in those areas.

I'll be picking up some new brigidine in the next day or two.