Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 10/13/2011 08:00 PM CDT

Here are my stats

Name: Drakkonn Blackbladed Race: Dark Elf Profession: Paladin (shown as: Avenger)

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 96 (23) ... 96 (23)
Constitution (CON): 92 (16) ... 92 (16)
Dexterity (DEX): 77 (23) ... 77 (23)
Agility (AGI): 81 (20) ... 81 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 65 (-3) ... 65 (-3)
Aura (AUR): 62 (16) ... 62 (16)
Logic (LOG): 80 (15) ... 80 (15)
Intuition (INT): 74 (17) ... 74 (17)
Wisdom (WIS): 92 (26) ... 92 (26)
Influence (INF): 72 (6) ... 72 (6)

I would like to be in full plate as soon as possible. I'm not really sure if I should do OHE/Sheild or Two-Handed, any advice or suggested training plan is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 10/18/2011 12:24 PM CDT
Weapon class is a personal preference. I was in full plate by 55th or so, and I'm sword and board. You can do just fine in chain hauberk for many levels.

Go with what you want to do -- there's no right or wrong in this decision. Me, I never got the strong pro-THW bias I see on the boards -- paladins were designed more for shields. That and shield bash is really freaking awesome: I can take down anything but war griffins in OTF with it -- even greater constructs, and I'm an elf.

Now, I'm adding THW into my post-cap training, but only because I have a great eonake katana I want to use.
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/01/2011 02:12 AM CDT
I'm wondering if I am the only paladin at high levels( a little post cap) and have gone only up to mpb and done just fine. 1x dodge 2x shield though and plan on boosting my brawl higher for vuln fu and I realy wonder just how bad full plate vs mbp hurts fu.
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/01/2011 06:09 AM CDT
I've been in full plate from 54th or so and I'm past-cap at this point. I don't fu, though. I can't imagine being in anything else.
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/01/2011 02:13 PM CDT
I know of at least one current capped paladin sporting hauberk and I knew several warriors in MBP/HP. I do not specifically know of another paladin at 100 in MBP, but I would certainly not be surprised to find some. I personally think the hauberk is a bit over the top (don't dig casting quite that much) but the partial plate armors make total sense to me. A trade of DS/TD for higher maneuver defense is fantastic if you either own a nice set of partial to wear or if you group up enough to keep other spells to make up the standard attack type difference.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/01/2011 03:16 PM CDT
"you group up" -- Menos

Only getting swung at 50% of the time (you and a buddy) OR LESS (3 people == 33% chance, 4 people == 25% chance...) makes a huge difference in what defenses you need.

Yes, you need to make sure that you can survive getting pasted when you do get swung at, but I found my survivability went way up when I was hunting with some friends. (Oddly enough, I tended to enjoy the evenings a lot more, too. Because I was, you know, socializing in the MMORPG rather than being my normal curmudgeonly self.)
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/01/2011 07:48 PM CDT
I considered doing mbp for the maneuver advantage over full plate and the ability to cast spells, but ultimately decided fully trained full plate was better.

Dgry
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/02/2011 08:20 AM CDT
With 200 ranks of armor for fluidity, I get more out of my minor spirit spells, too. I'll take the 7% failure on paladin spells, even if they always fail at the absolute worst moment.
Re: Need Help with Paladin Training Plan 11/04/2011 12:12 PM CDT
>>I'm wondering if I am the only paladin at high levels( a little post cap) and have gone only up to mpb and done just fine. 1x dodge 2x shield though and plan on boosting my brawl higher for vuln fu and I realy wonder just how bad full plate vs mbp hurts fu.

I love how no one really seemed to answer your main question here. The action penalty of the armor is taken off from your MB, so you will see a hit(MBP action penalty 20, fullplate 35). As a giantman warrior in fullplate at cap with max brawling, I can kill triton defenders just fine and fallen crusaders with a little work. Defenders have an MB around 200 in offensive and the crusaders MB seems to be 275-300 in offensive. The other undead at cap are basically impossible to fu.