Transformation question 07/03/2017 02:09 PM CDT
I was just wondering what the current trend for Transformation Lore is? Especially at cap (but all answers are appreciated)

Currently I have 75 ranks for the 1202 buff, and I know it plays a lot more into other stuff....The problem is that it's so darn expensive. I've seen other "guides" showing fewer ranks (5-6) since our DS is so high that we almost never get hit anyways.

I'm just curious what other people are doing? Is it worth the 75 ranks?

Hunter
Re: Transformation question 07/03/2017 03:14 PM CDT

My approach was to use enough lore to get into the next armor group, ie LBP or torso chain. As I hit the level thresholds that added to iron skin asg, i'd migrate lore points down and put them elsewhere. I am looking forward to the idea of robes that cover like mbp once I hit cap but for now in my 80s I have minimal lore so I could push moc as high as possible. Resistance via meditation was released after I had gone minimal lores but I've considered getting more ranks again to see if the additional resistance % is noticable without number crunching.
Re: Transformation question 07/03/2017 11:53 PM CDT

I think, as far as 1202 goes, having 15 ranks at cap gives you the best bang for points. I think it gives you ASG 13. Lores are huge TP sinks and having 75 ranks will really put a dent in any secondary skills you want to train in. If you're a long ways past cap and dont need the tp's for anything else, then go for it. I went for padded robes and put the points into spells(also expensive, but with more utility). If I feel I'm starting to lose any DS from encumbrance or wounds, I just use airwall for the extra DS.

Russ
Re: Transformation question 07/05/2017 02:47 AM CDT

I rarely get hit, but when I do its because I'm encumbered. I stopped transformation ranks at 36 until I finished all other skills I wanted to train. once I get them complete I'll finish transformation to 91 and call it good.
Re: Transformation question 07/10/2017 08:21 PM CDT
I went with 6 ranks because it is too darn expensive for such a little gain. Other skills like dodge, MOC, CM, and PF are better to max first.
Re: Transformation question 07/11/2017 09:45 PM CDT

understandable, but of course we have a huge exp difference :)