1202 + robes + armor accessories 01/11/2016 03:17 PM CST
This has probably been answered before.. I searched but didn't find anything.

If I'm wearing Robes and 1202, and put on Leg Greaves/Armgreaves/helm does that affect 1202? does it negate the bonus?

If it doesn't negate the 1202, does it affect ASG on those areas?
Re: 1202 + robes + armor accessories 01/11/2016 08:35 PM CST
I tested to make sure. My 1202 gives me the equivalent of asg 17, metal breastplate.
I put on greaves and asg didn't change, so I'm fairly certain accessories do nothing.

Wearing armor heavier than asg 2 -will- negate the bonus.

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: 1202 + robes + armor accessories 01/12/2016 05:46 AM CST
The grey areas are whether other properties (flares, resistances, padding) trigger and whether you take manoever penalties. The basics work as they should (no effect to AsG) but I suspect manoever penalties for wearing a helm were behind my manoever defense going from pretty decent at around level 40 to crummy at high level. Something along the lines of putting a helm on an AsG 12 Ironskin making it work like wearing brig with no armor training when manoevered.

To get resistance benefits (and I'm pretty sure, padding benefits) the equivalent of the Ironskin AsG had to cover the accessory area. My helm's resistance started working when I got to AsG 12 but it never triggered on head hits when I had AsG 11. Padding is harder to tell because there's no messaging but I'm pretty sure it wasn't working either.

Some of this was deemed buggy and may have been fixed after I capped, but I'd advise checking whether you are actually getting benefits from these properties and stopping using accessories if you seem to be getting hammered by manoevers.
Re: 1202 + robes + armor accessories 01/13/2016 01:46 PM CST
>The grey areas are whether other properties (flares, resistances, padding) trigger and whether you take manoever penalties. The basics work as they should (no effect to AsG) but I suspect manoever penalties for wearing a helm were behind my manoever defense going from pretty decent at around level 40 to crummy at high level. Something along the lines of putting a helm on an AsG 12 Ironskin making it work like wearing brig with no armor training when manoevered.

>To get resistance benefits (and I'm pretty sure, padding benefits) the equivalent of the Ironskin AsG had to cover the accessory area. My helm's resistance started working when I got to AsG 12 but it never triggered on head hits when I had AsG 11. Padding is harder to tell because there's no messaging but I'm pretty sure it wasn't working either.

>Some of this was deemed buggy and may have been fixed after I capped, but I'd advise checking whether you are actually getting benefits from these properties and stopping using accessories if you seem to be getting hammered by manoevers.

In terms of whether you are gaining the benefits of armor accessories, you should be getting whatever that accessory grants, such as flares, damage or crit padding. When you first mentioned of the bug a while ago, I made a fix to address the issue of accessories being ignored when using 1202. This should no longer be the case.

I wasn't aware of your suspicion of it having a detrimental effect on maneuvers rolls, but I will try to see if that is truly the case, and whether it is a bug or not.

~Contemplar~