Two questions 03/25/2015 06:17 PM CDT
1) How does critical weighting effect unarmed attacks? I've heard "it's the same", so does that mean that weighting would, for instance, allow a rank 5 critical at tier 1, whereas normally it would be limited to rank 4? And if you were using weighted gloves (and thank you BTW, those were a nice addition to Duskin) and a weighted cestus, would the critical weighting added together?

2) Is there a level component to tiering up? Is it harder to tier up against targets above your level?
Re: Two questions 03/26/2015 02:59 AM CDT
1) UAC + non-glove weapons is odd. tl;dr - you shouldn't do it. The penalties you take to UAC for using a compatible but not-UAC specific weapon are far greater than the benefits. Unless you have a random exceptional brawling weapon. Excerpt from a thread about it where Mark/Riltus did his mark thing and super mathed

UAF: 100 vs UDF: 63 = 1.587 * MM 100: + d100: 50 = 208
Raw damage: (208 - 100) * 0.035 = 4
2. Dual 5x tiger claws (+12 enchant bonus to UAF) vs plate: Jab DF 0.185
UAF: 112 vs UDF: 63 = 1.777 * MM 70: + d100: 50 = 174
Raw damage: (174 - 100) * 0.185 = 14
So why not use dual tiger claws? Primarily because critical rank outcomes in unarmed combat are endroll not damage-based. You will have, on average, higher critical ranks with greater damage and more severe status effects with empty hand attacks.
Empty hand: ER 208
Dual tiger claw: ER 174

Re: Two questions 03/26/2015 03:31 AM CDT
Using an enchanted brawling weapon raises your UAF but drops your MM; not worth the trade off.

"The enemy are so many and our country so small ...
where shall we find the space to bury all of them?"
Re: Two questions 03/26/2015 03:32 AM CDT
UAC crit weighting will not override the tier limitations but will still weight your attacks to higher crit ranks within each tier. Also, the way flares, weighting etc is handled benefits empty hands due to some quirks of the system. The flare frequency and weighting is divided by the total number of UAC equipment used in the attack then added together. For example, if you have gloves with 30 points of crit weighting but are using two plain UAC weapons in your attack you will only see 10 points of weighting. Likewise, if you have gloves that flare 1/5 attacks and a cestus that flares 1/5 attacks flare chances for both are reduced to 1/10.

Long story short, unless all of your equipment has the same level of weighting/flares you will see a reduction in effectiveness.
Re: Two questions 03/26/2015 03:46 AM CDT
<2) Is there a level component to tiering up? Is it harder to tier up against targets above your level?

Yes
Re: Two questions 03/26/2015 10:59 AM CDT
Thanks for the info everyone. I didn't understand that critical rank outcomes in unarmed combat are end-roll based.
Sadly everything new thing I learn about how UAC works makes things loots even worse for monks. So to summarize, there's
a penalty to hunting above your level when tiering up, there's no point in brawling weapons ever, and crit weighting
isn't as useful in unarmed combat because of the critical rank caps.

Another question if I'm not getting too annoying, what the time limit on Krynch? If you walk into a room then 1203 or
1207 a target, is it already to late to take advantage of krynch?
Re: Two questions 03/28/2015 12:53 PM CDT
>If you walk into a room then 1203 or 1207 a target, is it already to late to take advantage of krynch?

Maybe. I had a discussion with Oscuro about this shortly after release but I've forgotten the exact details. Its about 10s (maybe a couple more I forget the exact figure). So if you kick to the head (6s) move around (2s) and then 1207 (3s) you can easily run out the timer, but its not completely impossible to fit 1207 in before a move and krynch, particularly if the move you are krynching from was a punch.

The timer is deliberately set to make it hard to do this without being too short to make some legitimate uses of krynch impossible. The design of krynch assumes that you can see the next target but this is enforced by a timer rather than tracking room occupants.