slippery mind 11/29/2013 08:49 AM CST
I was reading up on some of the CMan skills available to monks. Slippery mind seems well suited to a cloth wearing monk, lacking the CvA of heavy armors. I haven't learned any ranks yet. I assume the command to activate it is Cman slipperymind. Stamina cost is 20 but I can't find any reference as to how long the duration might be. Anyone know?

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: slippery mind 11/29/2013 08:57 AM CST
The duration for all martial stances is 4 hours. The trade-off is that you can only have one active at a time (so you couldn't run slippery mind and mongoose at the same time, for example).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: slippery mind 11/29/2013 09:49 AM CST
Hmm, interesting. Is there a stop command for martial stances?

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: slippery mind 11/29/2013 10:45 AM CST
You can stop martial cmans by getting killed. Also if you run another martial stance, the one you were running will automatically fall. Example, a monk I know happens to know both slippery mind and mongoose (go figure) and when running mongoose if she does cman slip, the mongoose stance falls.
Re: slippery mind 11/29/2013 10:46 AM CST
Just start a different one if you want to change. If for some reason you actually wanted to have none active I think you'd have to wait out the four hours.
Re: slippery mind 11/29/2013 10:53 AM CST

not a monk thing, but Clunk switches between martial stance type capabilities by simply starting the one he wants to have active. Something like 'cman griffin' to 'shield tortoise', to 'cman griffin'.

When you ask to start one, you also ask to turn the others off.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: slippery mind 11/29/2013 11:20 PM CST
You don't need to wait out the stance timer, you can Stop List and stop stance.