Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 12:09 AM CDT
Do armor accessories impact Iron Skin? I'm looking at some enhansive greaves but figured I'd check first.
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 01:39 AM CDT
They have no affect on iron skin, and as you are in robes they don't affect/change your AsG any either, so wear whatever armor accessories you want.
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 09:36 AM CDT
I have no proof, but would assume the standard rules about mixing and matching benefits like padding, resistances, etc will still hold true.

Doug
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 10:16 AM CDT
>I have no proof, but would assume the standard rules about mixing and matching benefits like padding, resistances, etc will still hold true.
Doug

Iron skin has no inherent properties that would matter, so there's nothing to deal with since you're not mixing or matching anything.

-farmer
>He's right on all counts. ~Vanah
>Farmer is 100% correct. -REIDYN
>Farmer is correct -Wyrom
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 11:28 AM CDT
>>Iron skin has no inherent properties that would matter, so there's nothing to deal with since you're not mixing or matching anything.

I think that's the point I'm taking up as an assumption. Take Ironskin out of the picture a second. Robes (HCP) with Greaves (slash resistance). Robes (EDP) with Greaves (HCP). In this context, mixing / matching does occur. My assumption is standard rules will be enforced.

Then put Ironskin on, and you've changed the AsG, but the rules are still in force. I say 'no proof' and 'assume' because I haven't looked at it. Makes sense though, doesn't it?

(Derailer) And, won't it be way cool when monks can actually customize their Iron Skin with other properties? :)

Doug
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 12:31 PM CDT
>I think that's the point I'm taking up as an assumption. Take Ironskin out of the picture a second. Robes (HCP) with Greaves (slash resistance). Robes (EDP) with Greaves (HCP). In this context, mixing / matching does occur. My assumption is standard rules will be enforced.

Yes.

>Then put Ironskin on, and you've changed the AsG, but the rules are still in force. I say 'no proof' and 'assume' because I haven't looked at it. Makes sense though, doesn't it?

Changing the AsG doesn't affect anything other than ranger resistance. So again, there's nothing for Iron Skin to conflict with. The only thing that's going to conflict is the robes. Which.. has no bearing on Iron skin in this particular situation.

-farmer
>Farmer is correct -Wyrom
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 01:00 PM CDT
ROFL! I'll take that as a 'yes'.

Doug
Re: Iron Skin and armor accessories 07/11/2013 01:09 PM CDT
Maybe

-farmer