Monk Defense 05/06/2013 09:50 AM CDT
Just started yesterday. My first impression, is where is the defense? Kobolds and Roltons are eating me up. Should i train in shield? Or TWC? I think my defense is at 7? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.
Re: Monk Defense 05/06/2013 10:17 AM CDT
At your level you'll see more DS from TWC then you would dodge, I'd suggest picking up .5x in it. If you are just hunting self spelled, I'd say 2x dodge, .5x TWC, and push to get 1204. Most will even say to keep pushing your spells until you have at least 1220. I haven't played my monk in a while but he is 3x dodge, 2x combat maneuvers, 2x PF, .5x TWC, and around .3x in spells. Other then some people randomly spelling him up I've hunted him purely self spelled and he does well.

I am also guessing your DS is 7 while in offensive, even though it is only kobolds and roltons you should stance dance to avoid being hit while in offensive. You can get spells from others to augment your DS as well. I avoid it with my monk just for some variety. Being self spelled you can still get hit even in defensive if you are uphunting at least until you get into your teens level wise.