Simu or Gm documentation stating Monk Class is not inherently spiritual 04/09/2013 10:40 PM CDT
Can anyone post a link to this? I'm confident I read it somewhere but can't remember if it was a player paraphrasing what they heard or if a GM posted on it.
Re: Simu or Gm documentation stating Monk Class is not inherently spiritual 04/09/2013 11:34 PM CDT
>Can anyone post a link to this? I'm confident I read it somewhere but can't remember if it was a player paraphrasing what they heard or if a GM posted on it.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Monks/Developer's%20Corner%20-%20Monks/view/788

Monks in Gemstone are not religious (as a profession) in the sense that religiosity relates to the Arkati. Hence, they cannot take advantage of a sanctified weapon, and anything like Prayer of Communion would be inappropriate.
I'm not opposed to some sort of enhanced meditation ability -- and properly speaking, I think that any profession should be able to meditate for flavor messaging at the least -- but it isn't something that I'd have time to do anytime soon. -- FINROS

Mark