Inner Harmony vs Slippery Mind 03/12/2013 09:28 AM CDT

What stance are other monks taking for a defensive option when it comes to Inner Harmony and Slippery Mind? I can't seem to choose between them and I have cm points burning a hole in my pocket. Heck, I'm even considering going with krynch instead for the best offense defense. :)

Slippery Mind gives you a chance to auto ward up front and seems to work on more spells. Inner Harmony though its only every 30 seconds will definitely get rid of annoying effects like web/bind and since Rank 3 is virtually useless you only have to invest in 2 ranks of it.

Anyone used'em and have an opinion?
Re: Inner Harmony vs Slippery Mind 03/12/2013 12:28 PM CDT
I'm rolling with krynch. I actually unlearned inner harmony recently because I never used it, and hardly ever came across a situation where I thought in retrospect that I should have. (Large group uphunting is the only situation where I'd prefer one of them over krynch and I'd go with slippery mind if it was free, but I'm not spending CMan points on it)

I find that critters can't do me much damage if they have me "disabled". If bandits actually hurt me while they had me subdued, or chimeras actually hurt me while they had me webbed, inner harmony would have some use. However, I just stand there mashing 1207 and sooner or later the status effect wears off, the critters fall down, and then I krynch them. My DS is good enough that they need FoF as well as a disabler to hurt me and I deal with the problem of getting webbed and bound by MOC rather than CMan.

Krynch may or may be be more effective in than them in any particular situation. However, short of uphunting 20 levels, krynch is always more interesting. I wouldn't play a monk if it wasn't for krynch, its the one thing that really adds depth to the UAC that no other profession has. Its the one thing that has me wailing "Oh noes" when I realise I can't do it when playing my older brawling characters.