Elf Cleric - Pure 05/03/2017 08:29 PM CDT
Been out for a bit and things have changed, and I'm feel a little lost at this point. If someone could help me figure out training (basic and where I should be at level 62) I would appreciate it.

Nick
Re: Elf Cleric - Pure 05/04/2017 06:55 AM CDT
Pure CS or with bolting? (differences in spell and lore training depending on whether or not you have spell aim)

How much do you care about rescue/raising? (if you really have to be able to make your own full chrisms at 62 you can, but it'll skew training heavily)

Pure CS basics
2.5x spells (including at least level+21 cleric)
1x HP
1x SMC
1x spirit lore (at least 30 religion)
Some more points spent on magic skills, AS/MIU or more of the above, another 0.25x spells if you don't do something else.

1x PF
1x perception
8 ranks armor

Some climb/swim. As your area requires it or 0.5/0.3x if you just want to keep yourself covered.

bolting basics
2x spells (1x cleric)
2x SA
1x HP
1x SMC
1x spirit lore (likely to have significant amounts of every lore at level 62, but the best lores are much more dependent on tactical preference than for pure CS)
40 ranks MIU
Some more points spent on magic skills like AS or more of the above, another 0.25x spells if you don't do something else.

1x PF
1x perception
8 ranks armor

Some climb/swim. As your area requires it or 0.5/0.3x if you just want to keep yourself covered.
Re: Elf Cleric - Pure 05/04/2017 09:14 AM CDT
Right now pure CS, but I wouldn't mind working bolting into the mix. I don't tend to rescue, and generally only raise the dead when nobody else is around or in an invasion scenario where people are less picky.

Nick
Re: Elf Cleric - Pure 05/04/2017 12:59 PM CDT
It might also help to be a bit more specific on How out of the loop you are. Should people start by explaining what a runestaff is?
Re: Elf Cleric - Pure 05/04/2017 05:54 PM CDT
About 4 years off. I know what a runestaff is.

Nick
Re: Elf Cleric - Pure 05/05/2017 06:02 AM CDT
I don't think there's not much calling for different training thats happened in that time. SMC, PF, perception are more strongly 1x as core rather than things you might as well stop after getting enough ranks.

Tactically 319 has changed the game, but the training implications of it are just that cleric spells are even more important than they used to be.