Checking skills after a long absence 02/15/2016 06:41 PM CST
Dwarven Cleric, been away from the game since ~2008 until the past month or so. Looks like a fair bit has changed, so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track anymore. Wear brig and brawl, any suggestions/feedback or adjustments to direction would be greatly appreciated (especially since I have a fixskills now.)

(at level 49), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 130 35 35
Shield Use.........................| 151 51 51
Combat Maneuvers...................| 10 2 2
Brawling...........................| 151 51 51
Physical Fitness...................| 108 26 26
Arcane Symbols.....................| 108 26 26
Magic Item Use.....................| 108 26 26
Harness Power......................| 151 51 51
Spirit Mana Control................| 132 36 36
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 62 13 13
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 149 49 49
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 70 15 15
Survival...........................| 50 10 10
Perception.........................| 70 15 15
Climbing...........................| 90 20 20
Swimming...........................| 54 11 11
First Aid..........................| 151 51 51
Trading............................| 0 0 0

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 33 33

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 30 30

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 55 55
Re: Checking skills after a long absence 02/16/2016 04:16 AM CST
Do you want to use brawl offensively? If so you need some training adjustments (like CMan) and get used to wearing your shield when attacking and it still may not be viable.
Do you just want the higher DS and protection against disarm from brawl/shield? If so there's not a lot of reason to change anything though you might want to train more in the other lores rather than religion as you add lore in the future.
Do you want to switch to a runestaff? If so put all the freed points you dont have other uses for into cleric spells (or get spell aim). I'd want level+21 at least in cleric spells if reliant on CS at your level.
Re: Checking skills after a long absence 02/16/2016 10:02 AM CST

Currently I hunt living creatures by casting (usually Bane, , and hunt the undead by brawling and Fervent Reproach when necessary. Right now CMans are my primary danger, but I'm looking to verify that things haven't changed to alter my training plan. My current pushes are to get more Blessing lore for Chrisms and spelling up others, more Cleric spell trainings to increase CS, and a few CMans to get some improved CMan defenses. I've seen references to people training more in SMC and it seems like the lores have changed since I set up this training path, so I'm less certain about the balance of lores.
Re: Checking skills after a long absence 02/17/2016 04:26 AM CST
CMan is part of your UAF. Thats why I suggest you might want to train it, not for defense.

There are various new spellup techniques available if you have enough SMC. e.g.

prep 101
cast XXX 3

would give you a triple cast of 101 on your target. You can stack one extra for each 25 ranks, so cast XXX 3 would require 50 ranks of SMC.
Also check the MANA command.

I don't think lores have changed a lot, the last big round of changes was 2007. 100% chrisms are ubiquitous so if you want to make your own chrisms rather than buying them, you really need to get the blessing lore for 100% (65 ranks). I'd say putting all your extra lores into blessing till at least that point was a reasonable plan. I reckon somewhere around 50 is optimal for religion before cap.