Clerical error 10/22/2014 12:02 AM CDT
okay I've not hunted with her since reactivating. Yes it's been a while yes her skills are scattered, asking for advice basically she does have a few scrolls on her with some odds and ends but I'm thinking I was lost when I stopped with her years ago. I did gain a level or maybe two since returnign but not applied anything

(at level 22), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 58 12
Shield Use.........................| 99 23
Brawling...........................| 99 23
Physical Fitness...................| 99 23
Arcane Symbols.....................| 96 22
Magic Item Use.....................| 96 22
Spell Aiming.......................| 10 2
Harness Power......................| 99 23
Elemental Mana Control.............| 5 1
Mental Mana Control................| 5 1
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 20 4
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 66 14
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 20 4
Survival...........................| 35 7
Stalking and Hiding................| 5 1
Perception.........................| 96 22
Climbing...........................| 66 14
Swimming...........................| 50 10
First Aid..........................| 144 44

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 8

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 18

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 21
Training Points: 77 Phy 118 Mnt

Race: Halfling Profession: Cleric (shown as: Cleric)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 75 (-3) ... 75 (-3)
Constitution (CON): 61 (15) ... 61 (15)
Dexterity (DEX): 57 (18) ... 57 (18)
Agility (AGI): 61 (15) ... 61 (15)
Discipline (DIS): 70 (5) ... 70 (5)
Aura (AUR): 93 (16) ... 93 (16)
Logic (LOG): 70 (15) ... 70 (15)
Intuition (INT): 97 (33) ... 97 (33)
Wisdom (WIS): 97 (23) ... 97 (23)
Influence (INF): 61 (0) ... 61 (0)
Mana: 71 Silver: 0

The bar goes silent. Someone in the back calls out "That has got to be the worst song ANYONE has ever heard!"

You are awarded -100 experience.
You have lost a level.
You have dropped below level 1; how is that possible?
You have been downgraded in status to Kobold's love child.
Re: Clerical error 10/22/2014 05:44 AM CDT
Assuming you aren't trying to be some sort of unbalance/UAC cleric and the shield/brawl is defense for a CS only cleric.

Dump the shield and brawl.

A CS cleric should have more spells and more cleric spells than you have. Get to 2.5x and level+21. I'd probably have 343/210/107 and going for 213 before switching to MnS while keeping cleric at level+21.

1x lore is fine. If anything concentrate more on religion until you have at least 20 ranks in it.
Re: Clerical error 10/28/2014 06:34 PM CDT
I've leveled her up a couple of times since this post and I'm curious if I dump brawl/shield if I'd be better served dropping armor to 8 ranks as well. Also I'm assuming I'm dumping those two in favor of holding some sort of ruined :P staff.
In reading some of the other posts looks like I should aim for 3 MoC ranks before 30 and if I want to work on chisms I need to pour in what 70 ranks of some lore.
I'll likely ditch stalking and hiding since 1 rank isn't going to benefit me much unless there is a good reason to keep it. I'm also wondering given how much will change if I do that if there is some way to minimize migrating the spells I do have or if I need to bite the bullet in being away so long I'm not sure if I've got any fixskills stored up that I can use (definitely don't want to spend 3.5 million on a fixskill potion atm)
I'm guessing I'd want to try and 2x spell aim and harness maybe as well.

I've basically just been using her to raise, my last hunt I was taking out some wood wights and running low on mana fairly fast. I did test smite on a critter and it does seem I've got bane. I'm guessing my conversion to whatever god might pull up using that word? I think I need to reread up on my God of choice.

The bar goes silent. Someone in the back calls out "That has got to be the worst song ANYONE has ever heard!"

You have lost a level.
You self-esteem has taken a critical hit.
You take 999 health points of damage.
You have died.
You are departing no matter what; tough luck.
You will be re-spawned as a wizards disembodied eye.
Re: Clerical error 10/28/2014 10:11 PM CDT
I actually capped my cleric using a very physical skill set; at cap I had 101 ranks of shield, brawling, CM and THW. I was, of course, quite insane. But, it seemed to work. After she hit level 100, I switched her over to a "pure" caster by dropping the THW part of her training and pumping the TPs into spell ranks. I was seriously tempted to drop the rest of the other physical skills, pick up spell aiming, and go runestaff, but then I realized that:
A) my DS was actually better with brawling and shield than with a runestaff
B) I was immune to weaponfire and disarm attempts
C) I was able to disarm critters barehanded (5 ranks disarm, 4 ranks feint and 1 of cunning defence).

So, I left it that way. I'm still a couple of spell ranks short of the maximum, but at this point it hardly matters.

>>ex
Level: 100 Deeds: 6
Experience: 10960560 Death's Sting: None
Exp. to next TP: 1940 Recent Deaths: 0
Mental TPs: 0 Fame: 230851896
Physical TPs: 56 Mana: 313/313 max
(1536 Phy converted to Mnt)

Your mind is as clear as a bell.

You feel a strange sense of serenity and find that you are able to reflect on recent events with uncommon clarity and understanding.
>inf
Name: Guenhafyr vonZauberwalder Race: Giantman Profession: Cleric (shown as: Conveyor)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 100 (40) ... 100 (40)
Constitution (CON): 99 (34) ... 99 (34)
Dexterity (DEX): 94 (17) ... 97 (18)
Agility (AGI): 96 (18) ... 99 (19)
Discipline (DIS): 84 (17) ... 84 (17)
Aura (AUR): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
Logic (LOG): 99 (19) ... 99 (19)
Intuition (INT): 100 (25) ... 105 (27)
Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25) ... 113 (31)
Influence (INF): 73 (16) ... 73 (16)
Mana: 313 Silver: 717
>skill
Guenhafyr (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 130 35
Shield Use.........................| 201 101
Combat Maneuvers...................| 201 101
Brawling...........................| 201 101
Physical Fitness...................| 201 101
Arcane Symbols.....................| 96 22
Magic Item Use.....................| 102 24
Harness Power......................| 202 102
Spirit Mana Control................| 120 30
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 50 10
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 163 63
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 90 20
Perception.........................| 140 40
Climbing...........................| 150 50
Swimming...........................| 170 70
First Aid..........................| 180 80

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 67

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 67

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 165
Training Points: 56 Phy 0 Mnt (1536 Phy converted to Mnt)<<

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Clerical error 10/29/2014 06:20 AM CDT
>I've leveled her up a couple of times since this post and I'm curious if I dump brawl/shield if I'd be better served dropping armor to 8 ranks as well. Also I'm assuming I'm dumping those two in favor of holding some sort of ruined :P staff.

Yes.

>I'll likely ditch stalking and hiding since 1 rank isn't going to benefit me much unless there is a good reason to keep it.

A small amount of hiding may be of use to certain society members.

>I'm not sure if I've got any fixskills stored up that I can use

If you haven't used one since May, you have one stored up.

>I've basically just been using her to raise, my last hunt I was taking out some wood wights and running low on mana fairly fast. I did test smite on a critter and it does seem I've got bane. I'm guessing my conversion to whatever god might pull up using that word? I think I need to reread up on my God of choice.

Use mana fast, get to a node. Meditate. Get mana fast. Repeat.

Smite is better at killing undead, bane at killing the living. You get whichever your deity decrees.

>I'm guessing I'd want to try and 2x spell aim and harness maybe as well.

A build with spell aim has rather different priorities than one without. They'll tend to converge somewhat by mid level, but look very different around level 20.

For spell aim you want 40 ranks MIU (enough to activate any wand any time works out at about 40 in my experience), for pure CS you can do without MIU and AS for a long time.
For spell aim you want 215 at level 15, for pure CS its not an important spell and you'll get it somewhere around level 30.
For spell aim you want a few ranks MOC, for pure CS you don't.
For spell aim you want summoning lore, for pure CS you want religion lore.

>if I want to work on chisms I need to pour in what 70 ranks of some lore.
Forget this till level 50. If you decide you want to make your own at that time, then is the time to pour training points into it. There are so many clerics that make 100% chrisms that its not worth making anything less and the lore for that can't be obtained till level 48 on a pocket raiser build and will hurt your hunting ability noticeably if you get it much before your 70s.
Re: Clerical error 11/18/2014 11:35 PM CST
The way I've been using this char I'm thinking I'd be better off making her a pocket cleric. maybe keep shield to run from town to town but otherwise just make it as an effective and fast raiser as possible plus might as well get max chrism asap how should I go about modifying this char if that is the goal?

You've been awarded the golden raspberry (it's made of pyrite really)
You sign a recording contract.
You preform for a wide variety of deaf venues.
Yet you feel oddly unfulfilled.
You decide to retire and raise Wild Roa' tors.
You quickly find out what it is like to live life legless.
Re: Clerical error 11/19/2014 05:04 AM CST
For low level (18-47)

40 cleric spells, 24 SMC. You want 40 rather than 18 spells so your spirit recovery doesn't slow you down and the corpse gets raised with a decent buffer of blood.
Buy chrisms, don't train for making them till you can get 100% (level 48)
A pocket empath, a source of pourable herbs, or Mist Harbor backroom for stones rather than trying to tend wounds (with a 40 cleric spell raise its pretty unlikely a corpse will bleed out if its prepared to help itself once up)

Fogging spells as they become available. Sanct and locate as earlier targets in MjS and MnS

1x in PF, HP, perception to at least level 25.

Don't train FA to avoid the temptation to RT lock yourself.

Level 48 (its technically possible to make 50% chrisms at level 25, but 100% ones are so readily available that its not worth it)
25 religion, 15 summoning and 65 blessing lore plus lots of mana.
Re: Clerical error 12/31/2014 03:59 PM CST
It takes 105 total lore ranks to make 100% chrisms, so one has to be level 51 before it is possible.