TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 01:17 PM CDT
I am interested in finding the best combat maneuvers to train in for a cleric. Especially for a TWC dual dagger cleric.

I am leaning towards combat movement but I want to get other opinions on cman's as well. Especially ideas for what to use at later trainings. I am only able to do .5x on cm but it still gives me a little cman points to spend here and there. Also as you can see I am trying to build up for chrisms too. I'm just looking for advice and would appreciate any comments or ideas. Here is his current build.

Name: XXXXX Race: Giantman Profession: Cleric (not shown)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 78 (29) ... 82 (31)
Constitution (CON): 70 (20) ... 70 (20)
Dexterity (DEX): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
Agility (AGI): 95 (17) ... 95 (17)
Discipline (DIS): 73 (11) ... 73 (11)
Aura (AUR): 93 (16) ... 93 (16)
Logic (LOG): 78 (9) ... 78 (9)
Intuition (INT): 75 (12) ... 75 (12)
Wisdom (WIS): 81 (15) ... 81 (15)
Influence (INF): 49 (5) ... 49 (5)
Mana: 104

XXXXX (at level 33), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 130 35
Armor Use..........................| 130 35
Combat Maneuvers...................| 74 16
Edged Weapons......................| 130 35
Physical Fitness...................| 130 35
Harness Power......................| 130 35
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 50 10
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 66 14
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 50 10
Perception.........................| 62 13
Climbing...........................| 90 20
First Aid..........................| 62 13

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 10

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 34

Thanks!
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 01:37 PM CDT
>I am interested in finding the best combat maneuvers to train in for a cleric. Especially for a TWC dual dagger cleric.

Ouch. This is going to be a hard road.

First thoughts are.. You need more than .5x CM. Just for the AS. I suggest dumping the FA and climbing.

Second thought is... You're not going to be able to feint something or dirt kick them. You have spells for a reason. Learning Disarm and feint would strictly be for passive defense, not active use against creatures.

-farmer
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 02:45 PM CDT
1x CM. You also will not have best use of your off hand weapon, since you can only 1x in TWC.

Daggers??? Umm, no way. I know you are probably thinking of speed, but the damage done will be pathetic.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 05:11 PM CDT
I have been playing this character this way through 1-33 and I am enjoying the speed of using the daggers comparatively to something like a hand axe/short sword with a 5 rt swing. I miss with the off hand maybe 20% of the time on either. The other 80% I am hitting with both daggers and doing about 50-60 dmg per hit (note: tested on cold guardians, spectral woodsmen, and tree spirits). So in the time it would take me to swing with either 2 full sized weapons or 1 2HW I am doing about the same dmg. I realize this might not be viable later down the road, say at like 50+ trains. It's definitely fun for now.

I will be playing with stats to see what I can do to get the full 1x cmans. I am still confused of what might be viable for this build when using cman's.

Don't get me wrong, this may prove to just be impossible to play when my character gets to 50+ trainings and I might swap to 2HW as Throgg has posted very nice info about 2HW clerics. I'm just having fun at the moment with this build and any ideas are very welcome.
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 05:35 PM CDT
It is a fun build! I am doing something similar with TWC brawling weapons (not UAC) using Iasha Troll-Claws. I am at about the same point you are (training 28) and plan on running with it until it becomes unviable and then I'll consider switching over to a 2-hander or going pure.

Here is my build for comparison. I am relying on spells for defense and pushing MOC to get to focused MSTRIKE vs. training in the CMANs at this point (quantity, not quality). Originally was running with no society but just started Voln (step 1) to try out the new and improved version. I mostly hunt undead which so far don't stand up to the barrage of troll-claw attacks.

(at level 28), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 128 34 (+4 due to enhancive)
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Brawling...........................| 120 30
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 90 20
Physical Fitness...................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 120 30
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 20 4
Survival...........................| 120 30
Perception.........................| 120 30
Climbing...........................| 90 20
First Aid..........................| 120 30

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 15

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 5

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 28

-- Robert
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 08:00 PM CDT
I tried the MOC route, but the points just ate up so much that I gave it up to learn CMAN's and to put extra points in other things. Also as others have said, only being able to 1x TWC allows for a lot of misses. It's no good doing a focused MS and seeing all of your swings miss. About a month ago I changed from MOC to CMAN and I still see my off hand miss sometimes, but not nearly as much as when I was using focused MS.

Right now I am using 302 to stun cold guardians then hack them to death with my daggers. I need to try this on some other undead, but I need to find another eonake dagger. If the build ever becomes overly hard to train, then like you I will switch to 2HW or Pure.
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/20/2013 08:55 PM CDT
>>The other 80% I am hitting with both daggers and doing about 50-60 dmg per hit <<

OK, this HAS to be vs foes with zero armor. Go down to the GY, and take on some half-plate wearing arch wights. They are well below your training, and probably won't be able to touch you, nor can you learn from them. But it will take you forever to kill one with daggers (Note: Archwights down there come in two flavors of armor, cuirbolli and half plate. Needless to say, the cuirbolli ones won't be as resistant to daggers as those in half plate).

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: TWC Cleric - CMan's 04/21/2013 03:02 AM CDT
<OK, this HAS to be vs foes with zero armor. Go down to the GY, and take on some half-plate wearing arch wights. They are well below your training, and probably won't be able to touch you, nor can you learn from them. But it will take you forever to kill one with daggers (Note: Archwights down there come in two flavors of armor, cuirbolli and half plate. Needless to say, the cuirbolli ones won't be as resistant to daggers as those in half plate).>

With any character you have to pick and choose the best critters to be hunting at any given level. No one with any sense going to be going up against a critter in plate with a dagger just like a claid wielding character isn't going to be going into a hunting ground that only has undead in it... and if they do, they're going to switch to weapons that are more appropriate to the situation they're walking into.

It's not that difficult finding lightly armored critters in most level ranges...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.