Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/20/2011 06:48 PM CDT
The annual FIXSKILLS reward is now active for all characters. Please review the usage of the verb carefully and set your desired skill goals before confirming.

The FIXSKILLS command will allow you to instantly set your skills to match your goals. Use the GOALS command to set your skills to your desired values FIRST!

You may view FIXSKILLS HELP for more information on this option.

* No additional options will be granted outside of normal parameters for misuse. *

Make sure your skills are set how you want them with GOALS before using FIXSKILLS CONFIRM

-M.
Re: Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/20/2011 08:54 PM CDT
Once apon a time when you used the SKILLS verb or maybe the INFO verb, it told you at the very bottom you have 1 fixskill available, and the number of days till next years. I no longer seem to be able to see the 1 available, the days till the next one is still there, but not if I have one available or not. Is this a toggle or some setting, as the only way I can seem to check if Ive already used the annual one is to go and make all the changes, use the FIXSKILL and hope I have one. If i've forgetten and dont.. then I just migrated everything and have to go back and undo it all and hope I wrote down or remember all the changes.

If its not a toggle and it was some coding change, can we have it back to where your told if you have a fixskill available or not?
Re: Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/20/2011 09:01 PM CDT
You are clearly told if you have used your fixskill at the bottom of the Skill verb. It will say you used it on X date, and a new one will be available on X date, or something close to that.

You can also just type FIXSKILL by itself. You wont accidently use it, as you need to type FIXSKILL CONFIRM. The verb won't work if you have already used your fixskills.

"Halflings speak Halfling & Common. They don't speak in dog whistle." - GM Thandiwe
Re: Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/20/2011 11:25 PM CDT
I followed Evarin's advice and typed FIXSKILL and then FIXSKILL CONFIRM and now I have no fixskill helllllppppp!

-Keleborrn.
Re: Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/20/2011 11:55 PM CDT
Good...good...

"Halflings speak Halfling & Common. They don't speak in dog whistle." - GM Thandiwe
Re: Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/21/2011 04:17 AM CDT
>>Once apon a time when you used the SKILLS verb or maybe the INFO verb, it told you at the very bottom you have 1 fixskill available, and the number of days till next years. I no longer seem to be able to see the 1 available, the days till the next one is still there, but not if I have one available or not. Is this a toggle or some setting, as the only way I can seem to check if Ive already used the annual one is to go and make all the changes, use the FIXSKILL and hope I have one. If i've forgetten and dont.. then I just migrated everything and have to go back and undo it all and hope I wrote down or remember all the changes.

It was always with the FIXSKILL, not the SKILL verb, that you could see whether or not you'd used it. SKILL only told you how many days until the next one came along.

>>You are clearly told if you have used your fixskill at the bottom of the Skill verb. It will say you used it on X date, and a new one will be available on X date, or something close to that.

Actually, that messaging looks like this:

365 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2012.
You started this migration period on Saturday, 5/21/2011 at 05:13:45 EDT. You have 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes remaining in your current 30 day migration period.
You're currently migrating at a rate of .010 skill points per pulse, and have converted 0.010 training points this migration period.

and is related to skill migration, not FIXSKILL use.

When typing FIXSKILL to see if you've already used it, you get this:

>fixskill
Sorry, you have already used your one-time fix skill option.

Cheers,
~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
~
"If you love, love without reservation. If you fight, fight without fear."
Re: Annual FIXSKILLs Reward. 05/21/2011 08:57 PM CDT
"You are clearly told if you have used your fixskill at the bottom of the Skill verb. It will say you used it on X date, and a new one will be available on X date, or something close to that."

Yes, thats the sentence I was referring too. Its not there any more, hasnt been for a while. I remember it because the last time we were givin a free fixskill I went to check and it was not showing when it had previously at some point. It vanished some time before that last freebie.

Emeradan, maybe I'm confused its entirely possible. I do recall that same messaging that Evarin is speaking of as soon as I read you used it on x date.. Hes talkin about the same thing I am. But if I can type fixskill and be prompted there, that works just as well. For some reason I thought you had to do the confirm fixskill before you got the message if you had on left of not and the system would let you do the first Fixskill command either way.

I am going to use mine in a few days so I'll know right afterwards.
Thanks for the help everyone.