Why don't my Health Point increase? 06/26/2015 10:41 AM CDT

I'm currently a level 9 dwarf warrior. When I leveled up at both 8 and 9 I put a bunch of PTP in physical fitness, however, I saw no increase in my health points (0). I keep reading about trouble with skill goals, and for level 8 thought I put enough points into Armor Use to reduce roundtime. After leveling up to 9 I put more in Armor skill and saw a large jump from 7 to 5, which I thought could be the combination from level 8 and 9. Am I missing some information or is it possible the stuff Im changing is getting mixed up? I use the skill goal page rather than the inn interface. I could not find any information about the skills goal problem so I posted here. When I looked for assistance I waited around for a half hour three times.

Thanks,
MSA
Re: Why don't my Health Point increase? 06/26/2015 11:24 AM CDT
It is possible you have reached your maximum health points. At 24 ranks (or 100 skill), you will hit the max. If you want more HPs beyond that, you will need enhancive items or to be a paladin.

If you are not yet at 24 ranks, make sure you are hitting the apply changes button after updating your skills.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: Why don't my Health Point increase? 06/26/2015 11:26 AM CDT
Also, if your CONstitution stat bonus is negative, you may not be able to get even as many hit points as your racial maximum permits.
(That is to say, if your racial max is 150 but your CON stat bonus is -4, you may only be able to train up to 146 total hit points.)
Re: Why don't my Health Point increase? 07/02/2015 01:25 PM CDT
What they said.

Also, if you are unhappy, there is Combat Toughness as a CMAN if you need more.

My halfling paladin uses that (or did until he went to Tainted Bond and will do it again).

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Why don't my Health Point increase? 07/02/2015 03:25 PM CDT

I believe also, but not mentioned, that the HP will not increase, regardless of training, without an increase in the CON stat, which occurs every x level. When the CON stat shows a +1, you will gain the HP up to the limit for that amount of CON, regardless of skill ranks. As a warrior, your goal should be to max Physical Training anyway, so you are early investing in the skill for later use. Most people avoid the TP spend by monitoring rewarded HP between training and CON gain, and setting a max PT training post cap goal.

The training points can be more effectively used elsewhere, except when you see that gain to your level up message to CON.

- Guards haul off the stupid corpse. -
Re: Why don't my Health Point increase? 07/03/2015 10:33 AM CDT
>I believe also, but not mentioned, that the HP will not increase, regardless of training, without an increase in the CON stat

Vigor (1616) and Combat Toughness, as well as enhancives both do this. My halfling paladin has nearly 175 HP even if the formal max is 100, even with 100 CON stat and +35 bonus says it is 135.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p