shield specializations for bard and rangers in 2017? 01/14/2017 02:04 PM CST
I have a shield, I'm very good at using it, with 202 ranks but the only thing I can do with it is cman shield bash. Is there any chance bards and rangers could have limited access to shield specializations: block the elements, deflect the elements, and phalanx?

None of these skills have prerequisite requirements.
None of them are the more offensive shield specializations or focuses, so squares are still far better than us using them.
For a skill like phalanx in particular greater access to the skill, will lead to it being used more broadly (imho).

Bards are elementalists and have a shield made of magic + air, it seems like the magical deflecting skills make more sense for them than a warrior(again imho).
Rangers already know how to use plants to add resistances to leather armor, I could also see them being skilled enough to block or deflect elements w/ a shield.

For the reasons, provided above I would like ask that bards and rangers be given limited access to shield specializations, specifically block the elements, deflect the elements, and phalanx.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration of this request.

Archales
Re: shield specializations for bard and rangers in 2017? 01/16/2017 11:58 PM CST

I have brought this up a few times in the ranger folder. I still dont see why all semis didnt get an update like paladins similar to cmans where we have less options and higher cost. Here is hoping we get some updates in thiz area 2017.