Behold the power of the shield flare! 08/16/2015 08:15 PM CDT
Our shield flares are so powerful they even overcome magic immunity!

The shield bash should work with the spike (they do) but I'm not so sure the plasma flares should work against anti-magic creatures. I bugged this in-game as a COMBAT issue.

You lunge forward at a Vvrael witch with your eonake scaled greatshield and attempt a shield bash!
[Roll result: 144 (open d100: 66) Bonus: 15]
Solid bash and a Vvrael witch is knocked over by the blow.
... 5 points of damage!
Blow raises a welt on the Vvrael witch's right arm.

Your eonake scaled greatshield pulses with a burst of plasma energy at the Vvrael witch!

... 30 points of damage!
Powerful blast to the Vvrael witch's abdomen parboils internal organs!
The Vvrael witch is stunned!

Your eonake scaled greatshield sprays with a burst of plasma energy at the Vvrael witch!

... 15 points of damage!
Dazzling arc of energy traces blackened path across the Vvrael witch's back!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Behold the power of the shield flare! 08/17/2015 10:49 AM CDT
I don't know much about anti-magic creatures, but are they normally immune to flares? I didn't really think there was a relation to flares and "magic".

They might as well be immune to being attacked with an enchanted weapon because the enchantment was done by magic, right?

I get that you're using 1604 (right?) to apply the flares, which is magical. But are witches immune to attack by an e-bladed naginata? Are you suggesting they should be?

I've very little experience hunting anti-magic creatures, so I might be asking a really retarded question here. But people must be hunting those devils (I mean, extra-planar anti-mana manifestations) with enchanted weapons, right?

Can you fill me in on why your shield flare shouldn't work on a Vvrael witch? Are they accustomed to absorbing all kinds of flares?

I see on gswiki that Vvrael destroyers are immune to cold and vacuum, which is thusly either a very incomplete list, or implies they are not immune to plasma. I'm assuming witches are similar to destroyers in these sorts of properties as a family of creatures, only because the witch page provides minimal details.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Behold the power of the shield flare! 08/17/2015 12:22 PM CDT
>> I don't know much about anti-magic creatures, but are they normally immune to flares? I didn't really think there was a relation to flares and "magic".

You could be right. Maybe it is working as intended. It just struck me as not consistent with being magic immune so I bugged it and posted here. Maybe it is 'working as intended'? I certainly won't complain if that is the case!

>> I see on gswiki that Vvrael destroyers are immune to cold and vacuum, which is thusly either a very incomplete list, or implies they are not immune to plasma.

I remember the Vvrael witches being 100% immune to anything I could cast at them as a wizard. So maybe if I had a plasma bolt that wouldn't be the case? I have a plasma flaring runestave so maybe next time Faulkil is in Icemule I'll run up to the rift and cast 901 over and over until I get a plasma flare and see what happens.

-- Robert

Re: Behold the power of the shield flare! 08/17/2015 09:37 PM CDT
You could be right. Maybe it is working as intended. It just struck me as not consistent with being magic immune so I bugged it and posted here. Maybe it is 'working as intended'? I certainly won't complain if that is the case!

-- Robert

In general flares work on Vvrael, but if you really want your spell nerfed then I'm sure we can look into it.

Viduus
Re: Behold the power of the shield flare! 08/17/2015 09:43 PM CDT
>> In general flares work on Vvrael, but if you really want your spell nerfed then I'm sure we can look into it.

I am attempting to avoid any and all humor relating to spell nerfs at this time so I'll simply say thanks for the confirmation that it is working as intended!

-- Robert

Re: Behold the power of the shield flare! 08/20/2015 09:33 PM CDT
WINNAR!

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p