Anti-magic shield materials 03/29/2015 08:22 PM CDT

Other Requirements: An ensorcelled or anti-magical (veil iron/krodera/kroderine) shield that you are maintaining the prerequisite ranks of Shield Focus in.

Some shield skills have a requirement of an 'anti-magical' shield OR an ensorcelled shield. Anti-magic materials listed; veil iron, krodera, kroderine all prevent ensorcelling and are considered 'anti-magical'. Zelnorn prevents ensorcelling but doesn't (does it?) satisfy the requirement for this particular shield skill.

Is it possible to roll any shield material that simply cannot be ensorcelled into the 'anti-magical' category?
Re: Anti-magic shield materials 04/07/2015 05:45 PM CDT
I think the better question is why can't zelnorn be ensorcelled? Anti-magic is anti-magic. Not being ensorcellable has no correlation, and honestly, I still don't understand why the anti-magic metals can't be made more anti-magic (by ensorcelling them). To me that's like saying, "nope, that metal has a natural enchant of 4x, you can't enchant it anymore". Being anti-magic should not preclude being made more anti-magic.

The exception might be kroderine, since it absorbs magic, and can't be cast at. Krodera and Veil Iron on the other hand, have no inherent properties other than just being labeled anti-magic, and thereby get saddled with not being ensorcellable? Or even enchantable in Veil Iron's case. Doesn't make sense to me.

Kerl