Shield Strike Mastery: Worth it? 07/16/2014 11:10 PM CDT

All,

Does anyone have a strong opinion on keep shield strike mastery?

I'm a huge fan of shield strike, especially with a double flaring shield, but shield strike mastery seems rather meh.

I'm also a huge fan of mstrike, but I use it more in warcamps as an open mstrike with a crit weighted morning star, plus major bane.

Shield strike mastery, though, requires a focused mstrike. I also use this, but I just don't get as much mileage out of it.

I'm currently limited to a double strike, and if sstrike procs, it often fails as the target is already prone. Also, as I eventually train up to a triple-strike, the target is a) less likely to live, b) less likely to be standing if it is alive.

Thoughts? Anyone a huge fan of it and wouldn't live without it?

My shield training is below.

R>shield info
R>
Morden, your Shield Specialization training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Tower Shield Focus tfocus 4
Shield Bash bash 5
Prop Up prop 3
Shield Forward forward 3
Block the Elements eblock 1
Protective Wall pwall 2
Shield Strike strike 5
Shield Strike Mastery strikemastery 1
Phalanx phalanx 2

Available Shield Training Points: 2

Morden, player of.
Re: Shield Strike Mastery: Worth it? 07/17/2014 06:13 AM CDT
I had it but eventually trained back out for the reason you describe. Most creatures don't last through more than three or four hits of an mstrike and if they do the bash does not do much.

Shield strike, however, is awesome.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Shield Strike Mastery: Worth it? 07/17/2014 04:51 PM CDT
Thanks for the confirmation, Chad.

Now, if it procced during an open mstrike, on any random creature in the strike,or the last one, or the next one.... I would keep it.

More likely to hit an uninjured creature that's still standing, for the bash and fun with guiding light flares.

(I'd have kept spikemastery if the spike proc also could proc guiding light flares, too).

Morden, player of.