New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/25/2013 12:15 PM CDT
Skill Name: Shield Flight
Mnemonic: flight
Hostile: Yes
Stamina Cost: Base 15 (-5 Rank 1, -3 Rank 2)
Other Requirements: Requires a small or medium shield and a standing target.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Monks.
Prerequisites: None
Shield Point Cost:
Rank 1: 2
Rank 2: 4
Rank 3: 6
Rank 4: 8
Rank 5: 10
Description: Attempt to whallop your foe with your shield.
Mechanics: Attack your foe with your flying shield rebounding it off the them to do heavy slashing damage, with additional chances for stuns, knockdowns, and stance forcing based on your maneuver success roll then returning to your hand. Includes chance for flares if present. Exceptional roll results in decapitation and instant death! Exceptional failure means dropping your shield.

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/25/2013 12:17 PM CDT
Ops, the description should read...

Description: Send your shield flying into your enemy then catch it on the rebound.

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/25/2013 03:15 PM CDT
I love this idea but I think it would be reasonable for thrown weapons training to influence it somehow. This would be great for a UAC warrior build i'm leaning towards.
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/25/2013 05:25 PM CDT
I did consider that. Another idea might be to tie it in with MOC so you could hit multiple targets with one maneuver.

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/25/2013 05:41 PM CDT
This would be amazing if it ever happened. I would automatically grab this maneuver if it went live. I hope the PTB consider something like this to further enhance shield use or *crosses fingers* this is incorporated somehow into part of the thrown review that was being worked on
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/26/2013 02:42 PM CDT
Of all the things that are already "utterly physically impossible" in GS throwing a shield would be the last thing I would be worried about. For me I prefer to think of the squares as being able to achieve near super-human feats of strength, agility and dexterity through training. The richochet aspect would be the hardest to grasp but at the very least throwing a shield to do damage/unbalance crits and recover the shield in an advantageous position seems believable for someone with near super-human strength and agility trained for shield use and/or thrown weapons.
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/26/2013 06:42 PM CDT
Right! so use bucklers like a discus and make it a halfling thing!
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/26/2013 07:03 PM CDT
Somebody wants to be Captain America. :)

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
~
"If you love, love without reservation. If you fight, fight without fear."
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/26/2013 07:06 PM CDT
Certainly Cap is an inspiration but I also thought of Blade in the first opening fight sequence even though it was a Blade-a-rang. Also I watched a Chinese flick the other night called Guillotine. They had some crazy blade/discus combo weapons that were outrageous.

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/26/2013 10:41 PM CDT
Really? Wesley Snipes?

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
~
"If you love, love without reservation. If you fight, fight without fear."
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/27/2013 09:20 AM CDT
>but at the very least throwing a shield to do damage/unbalance crits and recover the shield in an advantageous position seems believable for someone with near super-human strength and agility trained for shield use and/or thrown weapons.

I envy you, my friend.
Re: New Shield Manuever - Shield Flight 05/27/2013 04:29 PM CDT
Master of the Flying Guillotine?

One of the best (and worst) movies ever made.

Hehe.

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru