More Suggestions 04/26/2013 01:28 PM CDT
>There is no reason to give a profession CMAN shield bash and not Shield SBASH. That along with phalanx and the shield focus's would probably more than make up 202 skill points if the costs for the skills are doubled or 1.5 times the costs of what a Square would learn.
GBB

I agree with you about Phalanx. Not Shield focus.

In fact, I wouldn't argue against a few more group oriented SMans. Especially if they were designed to only activate with a Warrior/Rogue/Paladin-shield user in the group. Something like..

Name: Mock Turtle
Hostile: No
Available: All
Cost: 1.5x Square cost for semis, 2x for pures
Prerequisites: Scharge,
Other: A shield-using Warrior, Rogue, Paladin in the group
Total ranks: 3
Description: When grouped with a shield user of the Martial profession (Warrior, Rogue, Paladin), the amateur shield user sees the proper way to manipulate a shield to provide defensive maneuverability.
Mechanics: This provides a scaling (+5 per rank) CML bonus for every member of the group that is using a shield. Warriors, Rogues and Paladins shield users are not required to have this SMan and still gain the full benefit.

Name: Mock Turtle Group
Hostile: No
Available: All
Cost: 1.5x Square cost for semis, 2x for pures
Prerequisites: SidebySide rank 2, Mock Turtle rank 2
Other: A shield-using Warrior, Rogue, Paladin in the group
Total ranks: 3
Description: When grouped with a shield user of the Martial profession (Warrior, Rogue, Paladin, Monk?), the amateur shield user becomes part of a unit that helps defend against maneuvers by confusing an attacker.
Mechanics: There is a scaling chance (10% per rank) for anyone in the group using a shield to cause a creature to hesitate before using a maneuver attack (resulting in the creature being in the same amount of RT as if it did the action), before attempting the maneuver again. Rank 3 in this skill causes the creature to be confused enough to skip the second attempt at the maneuver entirely. Warriors, Rogues and Paladins shield users are not required to have this SMan and still gain the full benefit.

-farmer
>"Mine lights my character on fire and makes her all glowy." -Raelee