Spikemastery and flaring shields 04/10/2013 08:28 PM CDT
Coase and Team:

Can anyone comment as to if a spiked + flaring shield should flare when the spikemastery bash happens? I tested with a spiked+sancted shield with guiding light flares. The flares occur on a regular sbash, as well as as shield strike, but they do not on the reactive spike of spikemastery.

Players,

Anyone with a spiked/flaring shield mind checking and removing potential guiding light bugs from the picture.

With a flare... spikemastery is useful to me. Without it, I don't see it worth the points.

Thank you,

Morden, player of
Re: Spikemastery and flaring shields 04/10/2013 10:10 PM CDT
>Can anyone comment as to if a spiked + flaring shield should flare when the spikemastery bash happens? I tested with a spiked+sancted shield with guiding light flares. The flares occur on a regular sbash, as well as as shield strike, but they do not on the reactive spike of spikemastery.
Morden, player of

Shields don't naturally have reactive flares, though I wish they did. Since the maneuver specifically references spikes, and not flares, I would think that the flare not activating is by design.

-farmer
Re: Spikemastery and flaring shields 04/10/2013 11:51 PM CDT
Prior, spikes and flares would occur only offensively. Got it.

Now, with spikemastery, you get a reactive shield bash... a reactive, offensive maneuver. The spike makes contact; why not a flare?

With a flare, I'd spike my main shield, get it sancted (eventually... don't recall seeing that as a service), and use guiding light flares.

Without it.. 40 points (I think.. not checking right now) isn't worth it.