On krodera 04/06/2013 02:27 AM CDT
So a question to people. Does anyone have Krodera items currently and if so what exactly do they do in game exclusive of any of these changes?

I ask this because I have a number of items with that in the description but these date way back and I have no real way of telling if it truly functional.

Aurien
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 02:41 AM CDT
>Does anyone have Krodera items currently and if so what exactly do they do in game exclusive of any of these changes?
Aurien

Nothing.

There are a handful of GM especially created exceptions (See: Kerl), but otherwise? Not a single thing.

-farmer
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 03:36 AM CDT
So my Krodera items might in fact work. Hard to test.

Aurien
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 09:18 AM CDT
Krodera was a metal that added TD, but as farmer aluded to, there isn't a lot of it around that actually does that, kind of like at some point someone decided that veil iron was anti-magic, but nothing had ever been doe to make it that until now. I do however know that in the case of krodera, at least 8 items were made that added to TD. I currently own 2 of them, and have owned two others in the past. Unfortunately there's more of it that was just used for metal variety with no consideration of properties, so the majority of what's out there had no special property till now.

I would however never tell someone that their krodera has no property without testing it. It's simple enough to test armor and shields to see if it increases TD. Do the test and then you'll know.

Kerl, I'm not special
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 11:06 AM CDT

And knowing is half the battle.

GI KERL! Elanthian hurling hero! :)
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 01:30 PM CDT
Well as I said much of my stuff is years old. The veil iron claid is from the ice age so I doubt it has the proeprties it should.

I think those items should be FIXED myself so as to properly refelct the description.

They did tend to use the adjectives in a willy nilly fashion in the past.

Now to did through then lockers and find where the stuff is.

Aurien
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 02:28 PM CDT

The more recent krodera may be in the buyer beware category.

Thuunk just purchased 'a round krodera shield with a distorted mirror finish' just to test. (Really BIG silver for my characters, by the way.) He had it sung to by a bard, and did some testing against wraiths at the old abandoned inn. The bard indicated 5x enchant, but was unable to identify any special properties or abilities. For the test, I trained 3 ranks shield focus, and 2 ranks spell block. During testing I noted the change in CvA from the shiled focus traing, noted the benefits of the 5x over 4x vultite, but could not discern any noticeable anti-magic effect or messaging regarding the lightning bolts and other wraith casts.

Of course, asking a mid-level trained dwarf rogue to do a fighters test isn't the smartest approach, so if you want to do some testing, let me know. We can pass the shield around to some more qualified testers to find out. There may be level restrictions that stop a low 40's dwarf rogue from doing a truly good test.

Thuunk
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 04:50 PM CDT
>Well as I said much of my stuff is years old. The veil iron claid is from the ice age so I doubt it has the proeprties it should. I think those items should be FIXED myself so as to properly refelct the description.
Aurien

There's.. nothing to fix.

As long as it inspects as veil iron, or krodera, they should work with the new maneuvers.

>Thuunk just purchased 'a round krodera shield with a distorted mirror finish' just to test.
Thuunk

I could have saved you the trouble. There's nothing special about the shield. And shouldn't be. The Anti-magic nature of krodera stopped being the default property in mid-GS3.

And to address both, there have been countless releases over the years, especially the mid to late GS3 where the fancier metals (krodera, urglaes, etc etc) were released without the properties they could have had. Since most of these were sold 'plain', or with other properties, I don't see anything to fix. For example, the soot-covered krodera shields were sold off the shelf, but nobody expected it to provide TD, or be anti-magic in any way.

-farmer
Re: On krodera 04/06/2013 05:01 PM CDT
It's easy to spot the anti-magic properties, just have someone cast at you with it, then without. If there's a TD change, it has anti-magic properties, if there isn't, it doesn't have anti-magic properties. Simple as that.

Kerl