Aid the Fallen in the Pinefar 02/18/2012 08:27 AM CST

Have any followers of Sheru had success in finding an anchor point for 1620-Aid the Fallen in the Pinefar Region? If so, would you mind sharing your finding with me?

Also, has anyone had any prior experience in successfully dedicating a new area to a diety?

-- Robert
Re: Aid the Fallen in the Pinefar 02/18/2012 01:20 PM CST

I think the only anchor points in the Pinefar area would be Voln or Koar's Shrine (the latter being a bit counter-productive when it comes to evacuating the dead.)

Mechanically it doesn't matter who it's devoted to, but I know from any other standpoint that can be a little difficult to otherwise rationalize for your character.

It's possible that there might be another deity point somewhere up there, but I don't know where it might be. And it might not be lornon-oriented if there is one. And like Koar's shrine, it might be too far away from Pinefar itself (or the gorge) to make use of it very worthwhile.

In regard to dedicating a new area, do you mean making it so you could sense a divine presence (and thus make it an anchoring point) when it didn't used to be there before? If so, that's only something a GM could do, though that isn't to say that a sufficiently roleplayed ceremony couldn't get the desired outcome.

-A
Re: Aid the Fallen in the Pinefar 02/18/2012 03:23 PM CST

I think the only anchor points in the Pinefar area would be Voln or Koar's Shrine (the latter being a bit counter-productive when it comes to evacuating the dead.)

Mechanically it doesn't matter who it's devoted to, but I know from any other standpoint that can be a little difficult to otherwise rationalize for your character.

Thanks for this. I was able to anchor at the Voln Courtyard once I added a reference to Voln's courtyard in my prayer.

In regard to dedicating a new area, do you mean making it so you could sense a divine presence (and thus make it an anchoring point) when it didn't used to be there before? If so, that's only something a GM could do, though that isn't to say that a sufficiently roleplayed ceremony couldn't get the desired outcome.

Yes, I was wondering if there had been cases in the past where new areas were dedicated. I would expect it to involve GM intervention/roleplay/etc and was curious if something similar had been done in the past.

-- Robert
Re: Aid the Fallen in the Pinefar 02/18/2012 03:59 PM CST

That MIGHT have happened down in the catacombs in Ta'Vaalor a couple of years ago. Or it was just the guru at the time realizing there wasn't a Lornon site in the whole region for people to use. I'm not sure.

-A