The Dark Path 11/04/2014 02:59 AM CST
This was written about 12 years ago. It is an "almost modern" elaboration of the Bandur Etrevion story. The author was supposed to be an Ur-Daemon cultist, so that is the excuse for using some very heterodox theology. The trouble was that "Kadaena" has no analog in Elanthia, and there was not much way around it.

I was trying to avoid talking about a certain Unlife cult, so I had Kestrel serving an actual black sea dragon. The most important omission was Kadaena's daughter, a contemporary of Bandur, whose patron goddess Orgiana (Modern: Eorgina) resided on a plane called the Black Hel and fashioned demons out of souls.

At some point, I will make a "fuzzier" spoken version, that purges most of the remaining I.C.E.

http://www.tragicjester.net/about/gemstone/thedarkpath.html

- Xorus' player
Re: The Dark Path 11/29/2014 08:51 AM CST
Could someone with better climbing skill tell me the location (and any object) description for the top of the gate in the Graveyard? What I want to see is if the spikes are made of iron.

The gate itself is made of bronze, but I expect the top is not.

Some excess of black, vertical iron rods, maybe rusted. The symbolism would be derived from a temple I think the Crypt was partially based on originally. If that were the case, the visual is interesting. He would have designed his "portal" to slowly transform into a green gate burning with red flames.

- Xorus' player
Re: The Dark Path 11/29/2014 08:58 AM CST
You carefully grab hold of the sharp grill work and begin to work your way up it.
[Graveyard, Top of Gate]
You find yourself hanging from the ornate ironwork of this gate, the top of which consists of rows of sharp iron spikes pointing straight up. You might be able to vault over them, but that is best left to the acrobats.
Obvious paths: down

>jump
With characteristic daring, you decide to vault over the spikes!
With the grace of a swan you swing yourself over the deadly barbs and drop to the other side of the gate.
Re: The Dark Path 11/29/2014 09:39 AM CST
Excellent! I suspected as much from the chain being "rusted." When the gate is blasted open, it would look like a flame burst.

- Xorus' player