A life forever lost. -Mibbini's Tale 07/17/2011 01:13 PM CDT
Below is a brief tale/story behind the sorcerer gnome Mibbini. Mibbini refuses to speak any tongue with the exception of Elven, since he is still affirmly an Elf. Any other languages he refuses to speak for the most part.

Much like many of his Dhe'nar brethren, Zin'ja strived for perfection in the dark arts he studied. His height, taller than your average Dhe'nar, his skin a deep and rich sand tone while his almond shaped blue eyes seemed to pierce the very soul that would gaze into them. Not many would talk to Mibbini it seemed, with the occasional person here and there, it mostly seemed as if only his little gnome servant, Mibbini, was the one he spoke to the most.

A sorcerer, hell bent on perfecting his ways and constantly striving to reach that next handhold, Zin'ja was always busy in his chambers trying to become better than the others. They were always cluttered with beakers, jars, and other vials full of various bubbling concoctions along with many reagents used for his practices. In no way however, was this man organized to say the least bit. Stacks of books and scrolls piled high among table, almost as tall as hhimself and his eye level.

Over time, Zin'ja had learned many things in his practices, and one day stumbled upon a rather ancient looking coffer that was buried in the ground outside of his garden. This coffer had looked like it hadn't seen the light of day in over 2000 years, it's wood now rotting away and dirt littered the inside. Within this coffer, was yet a faded scroll, it's markings unclear yet slightly legible. Zin'ja hastily went indoors and begin trying to salvage the scroll and it's writing with some tools he had about.

Time had passed, and that same scroll was now kept safeguarded by him from others. Only he would know what secrets had been written within the scroll. Over the years, Zin'ja attempted numerous times to translate the scroll into a successful cast but still never succeeded. His servant, Mibbini had wandered in while hearing the frustration in his master's voice, he became curious and asked to see the scroll so that he could perhaps try to help. Zin'ja, hesitant to trust the gnome, handed him the scroll still and let him read it. Mibbini began to examine the scroll, then his eyes lit up with excitement. "No wonder you are frustrated, you have these two words wrong!", he exclaimed to Zin'ja. So, he handed back the scroll to Zin'ja and gave him the correct words. Zin'ja simply smirked, then nodded.

One day, after much invoking of this scroll, Zin'ja felt ready to cast it correctly and summoned his servant in. Zin'ja explained to the gnome that this scroll, contained a great spell that could transfer the lifeforce of one body, into another. It was so powerful that it coul open the doors for that sorcerer in many ways, and thus Zin'ja decided to call it "Symbiotic Touch". But like most spells, he needed a test subject and his servant was it. Mibbini, uncertain it would work or was safe, was rather frightened at the notion but was forced by Zin'ja into performing it still no matter how much against his wishes.

Zin'ja began tied the gnome down to a table, and himself to one directly next to Mibbini. Zin'ja then said, "Now, this spell will allow me to transfer my lifeforce into your body. Once completed, my body will have then be put into a stasis, a static form of living in that it will never age yet will never be able to move until I once again take form in it. There is no harm in this at all, I assure you this Mibbini." Then, with that being said Zin'ja began the prepartions and began chanting the words, as the last of his words escaped his breath, something went totally awry. The transference, was infact complete as he now was in Mibbini's body, yet he was witness to something drastic. His elven body, laying quietly on the table, begin to shudder under the restraints, and shortly after, started to wither away like a dying flower. "No, no! This can not be!" Zin'ja exclaimed outloud in the gnome's body, "My body is dying, I thought it would be put into a stasis. If...If my body perishes, then..Oh my god...Then I'll be stuck in here forever!" And with that, Zin'ja was now entrapped in the gnomish body, until of course he found some other way out. However being as stubborn as he was, he still refused to tell anyone of the spell he had learned or how it was done, and was going to try and find his way back out without any help.

~Dink/Mibbini

AIM: GS4Gahnomes