Argh 11/11/2010 09:15 AM CST
So I won a raffle (for the first time ever) for an alteration and 2 ezscripts on the same item at EG. I'm having a seriously hard time figuring out what to do though - any of you guys got any inspiration for me?

I'm looking to pretty up a ring (a band, technically), a sword (longsword or falchion), a blue leather sack, or maybe my giftbox boots.

Don't worry about full ideas - just blurt it out.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Argh 11/11/2010 10:22 AM CST
Something you don't plan on replacing. If you've your capstone gear, then I would highly suggest scripting that. If you are even remotely considering an upgrade, then choose something else. The best idea would be to give us a breakdown of your inventory. You CAN always come up with a new item, but that just adds another piece of fluff to your inventory. A big problem is that the item cannot be scripted in any way already. I don't know if that precludes enhancives, padding, weighting, or flares.

Evarin and his Mis'ri
Re: Argh 11/11/2010 10:42 AM CST
Yeah, about that:

You are wearing a silk pack, a deep crimson cloak, a supple ivory leather harness, some divided ivory robes, an obsidian-set black vultite armband, a slim etched bronze wristcuff set with a faceted pale white crystal, a wave-engraved cobalt mithril bracer set with a small faceted blue crystal, a sturdy canvas satchel, a weathered dark blue leather sack stitched with ivory thread, a shuttered copper lantern charm, and a wiregrass anklet.

Here's the things that can be scripted from there:

pack, harness, sack

Also my MBP, but I am thinking about working on a set of fusion MBP. There's some weapons - but I mostly use throwaway weapons for OTF.

So there's enhancives (if they're allowable):
a hammered platinum band
giftbox boots
giftbox sigil

I was kinda thinking about making the band kinda steampunk gnomy with some gears and some spinny action, but that might be 'too much' for me.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Argh 11/11/2010 11:13 AM CST
Hmm. Scripting a container seems rather lackluster. How about a non-functional hat? Won't add to your armor and would likely be a better starting point for scripting than a satchel.

Evarin and his Mis'ri
Re: Argh 11/11/2010 11:26 AM CST
Not a big hat guy... Not a bad idea though.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Argh 11/11/2010 11:50 AM CST
I'd shoot an email over to the GM and ask about the enchancives. Giftbox items will be difficult to find better ones in the same slot.

I would definitely avoid hunting gear since they can wonky up any super sexy service you might want to add later.

The Nalfein Kitten
Re: Argh 11/11/2010 02:51 PM CST
Keleborrn has always struck me as a fairly wily sort. We know you're a rogue and you've got some prowess with the sleight-of-hand, so EZScripting your ring might be kinda interesting. I'm sure any of the rogue gambits could be used for some inspiration for various tricks you could play while standing around idly.

Incidentally, if you wanted to play up that blue leather sack as your "stuff I looted from people" container, you could probably get a few good ideas there as well.

The L behind the Laphrael

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a shoe.
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Laphrael
Re: Argh 11/13/2010 03:02 PM CST
Here is what I am requesting to have done with my tote. It hasn't passed QC yet but hopefully this provides some inspiration:

Description: a bulging haversack with a griffin claw clasp

Pull:
1st person: You frantically attempt to reorganize the contents of your bulging haversack in an effort to make room for more loot!
3rd person: Faulkil frantically attempts to reorganize the contents of his bulging haversack in an effort to make room for more loot!

Close:
1st person: You struggle and strain with the clasp on your bulging haversack. With a final gasp you succeed in pulling it closed.
3rd person: Faulkil struggles and strains with the clasp of his bulging haversack. With a final gasp he succeeds in pulling it closed.

Also, here are some random hat ideas I came up with before deciding to go with my tote. They aren't very Faulkil-ish but I thought I would come up with some basic ideas and then see where I could go from there.

Raise: Faulkil removes his floppy purple hat set with plumed griffin feathers and raises it high above his head accompanied by a mighty shout of "Surrender while you still have your dignity!". He then sheepishly places his hat back on his head.

Pull: Faulkil pulls his floppy purple hat set with plumed griffin feathers down over his ears and slowly begins to exhale. You can barely hear him counting "10... 9... 8...".

Touch: Faulkil puts his hand on top of his hat and blinks in surprise to discover it is still there.

If you narrow it down to an item or three and provide some background information about your character I'd be happy to assist with some additional suggestions. I'll also give some thought to the gear ring idea and post later this weekend.

-- Faulkil
Re: Argh 11/14/2010 07:13 AM CST
I was kinda thinking about making the band kinda steampunk gnomy with some gears and some spinny action, but that might be 'too much' for me.

This might be fun and also a possible entry for a gnomish invention contest as well:

The amazing adjustable ring! Why replace your fine rings or hire a jeweler to resize them when they can adjust themselves?

Description with lots of gears and whatnots on the ring. Oversized and unwieldly.

Valid EZScript verbs are: clean, close, hug, kiss, open, pinch, poke, pull, push, raise, rub, tap, tickle, tilt, touch, toss, turn, wave, flip, remove, wear, lace

Some ideas:

Clean: Have some miniature arms extend and clean and polish the ring.

Pull: Gears spin and whir, some devices come out and measure size, temperature, etc of your finger. A red light flashes deep inside a gem or someplace on the ring and it expands to a very large size and then slowly shrinks back down to the perfect fit!

Pinch or Push may work well in place of Pull depending on your other ideas.

Poke: Ring starts to hum and smoke like something gone wrong. You poke and prod at a bit and it settles down with just a faint hint of ozone in the air.

Rub: Some scripting around how you fondle it and stare at it as though mexmerized. Think The One Ring from Lord of the Rings.

Wear: You could probably do something similar to Pull when you wear it. Basically some involved and showy process with the ring testing, adjusting, prodding, and sizing to its new finger.

Hope this helps.

-- Robert
Re: Argh 11/14/2010 05:05 PM CST
>>The amazing adjustable ring! Why replace your fine rings or hire a jeweler to resize them when they can adjust themselves?

and necklaces, to better strangle you with!

-James-
player of Fremie

Mirayam says, "You are not a rogue, sir."

Mirayam exclaims, "You are noble!"
Re: Argh 11/14/2010 05:31 PM CST
and necklaces, to better strangle you with!

I really, really enjoyed those when they first came out.

Just saying...

-- Robert
Re: Argh 11/23/2010 08:49 AM CST
Alrighty. So here's what I did with this, thanks for the ideas guys. I went with the enhancive ring as opposed to a container, and I tried to keep it 'wily' ('cause that word sums up Keleborrn pretty well).

Props to Galene for taking my cumbersome design and making it cool.

_______
a vultite and kelyn band
Two raised rings frame the center band, one of which is marked with tiny purposeful looking etchings that are deeply age-worn and rendered indecipherable. In between the outer two lengths of metal lies a wider third band, formed from repetitive angular shapes of varying sizes. The two outside rings are much simpler in design and fashioned from dark green kelyn, while the inner band is comprised of bright, silvery vultite.

>turn band
As you turn the outer ring on your band, each portion of the segmented sections pops out with a staccato clicking, accompanied by the whirring of tiny gears on your band. They resettle as you stop turning, forming an entirely new pattern.

>clean band
You adjust the outer ring on your band very slightly, momentarily lifting the segmented sections to reveal a plethora of tiny gears, sprockets, and other widgets hidden beneath, before they click back into place in the blink of an eye.

____

I even got it upgraded to non-crumbly at EG. Pretty good event for this ring. I think I'll keep the properties secret though, can't give away all the goods.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Argh 11/23/2010 06:36 PM CST
Very fun!

-- Robert