3x Perception = Trap Discovery Success? 05/14/2013 02:55 PM CDT
Should someone who has 3x in perception be able to find traps fron same level creatures 100% of the time on the first try?
Re: 3x Perception = Trap Discovery Success? 05/14/2013 03:05 PM CDT
I haven't had any trouble spotting traps with 2x perception. I think there may always be a small chance for failure but honestly 2x perception (54th level) has been pretty darned close to 100% success on spotting traps (from critter boxes same level). 3x perception seems like a waste/overkill for this purpose.

-- Robert
Re: 3x Perception = Trap Discovery Success? 05/14/2013 03:25 PM CDT
<I think there may always be a small chance for failure>

There was a post from Ildran back in 2005 that listed fumbles as hindering spotting a trap. However, if this is the case, it has to be set up so you can recover from a fumble 100% of the time with the proper training.

In the last 40+ levels and thousands of boxes during them, I haven't missed spotting a single trap on the first try even though I still break a pick or fail to disarm a trap due to a fumble occasionally (I can't remember the last time I actually set off a trap due to a fumble.... prolly the next time I try to disarm one now that I've said something).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.