A return to the lands 07/13/2012 08:13 PM CDT
I've returned to the lands after a very long vacation and now currently on day 4 of trying to figure out where to put the pointy end of the weapon grin still trying to figure out stormfront but I like it well enough that I think I'm going to stick with it instead of the Wizard FE. But there is so much to reabsorb as well as learning the SF interface.

Instead of jumping in whole hog I've made a new toon. Soomblat a very naive young Giantman. My main is a lvl 26
halfling rogue by the name of Littlefinger. Back in the day I was working on I guess you would call a mostly pure ambushing hunter. So being very skittish I've kept him mostly under wraps until I feel more comfortable with the game. I can't find any of his old chats that I had from back in the old GS3 days. I had his whole training mapped out i think up till his 100 training. Some changes have been made so I don't know how this will affect him. I figure I'll past him here and put a couple of questions on things I'm a bit hazy on and hope for suggestions. So far I'm happy with the return even if all I'm really doing is adapting to the new ways.

Name: Littlefinger Tartstopper Race: Halfling Profession: Rogue
Level: 26 Gender: Male Age: 45
Skills:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 152 52
Shield Use.........................| 136 38
Combat Maneuvers...................| 114 28
Edged Weapons......................| 156 56
Brawling...........................| 35 7
Ambush.............................| 151 51
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 5 1
Physical Fitness...................| 117 29
Dodging............................| 151 51
Magic Item Use.....................| 10 2
Harness Power......................| 20 4
Survival...........................| 66 14
Disarming Traps....................| 151 51
Picking Locks......................| 143 43
Stalking and Hiding................| 156 56
Perception.........................| 143 43
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 66 14
Trading............................| 58 12
Pickpocketing......................| 82 18

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 1
Training Points: 0 Phy 17 Mnt (192 Mnt converted to Phy)
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

315 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2013.

Your 30 day migration period will begin when you choose to degrade a skill.

Further information can be found in the FAQs.

Spell Ranks:
Minor Elemental :1

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 96 (8) ... 96 (8)
Constitution (CON): 73 (21) ... 73 (21)
Dexterity (DEX): 98 (39) ... 98 (39)
Agility (AGL): 100 (35) ... 100 (35)
Discipline (DIS): 77 (8) ... 77 (8)
Aura (AUR): 76 (8) ... 76 (8)
Logic (LOG): 60 (10) ... 60 (10)
Intuition (INT): 63 (16) ... 63 (16)
Wisdom (WIS): 64 (7) ... 64 (7)
Influence (INF): 43 (-8) ... 43 (-8)

Questions
On STATS
1. Stats, I don't remember INFLUENCE or how important it is to an ambushing rogue.
2. Stats, Fast and agile was the name of the game with Littlefinger sort of placed everything around that
I think I have the ability to change stats around but not even sure if I should or need to.

On SKILLS
3. Armor Use: At the time I was only aiming to use Full Hauberk. and have read some on rogues that seem that most
suggest metal breast plate or even full plate. But being a small fry built mainly for speed I am unsure.
4. Survival and First Aid. At the time this was more than enough for me to handle the cold of Icemuel and beyond
and skin anything I was able to take down. More of a Mountain Halfing dealing in the fur trade to make ends
meet. My bread and butter and adds to the role play of Littlefinger
5. Pickpocketing: was told by another rogue hunter that you are not a pure hunter if times get lean and the pelts
don't drop there are other ways to get coin for a meal and a warm room for the night. More for the R.P.
element than any other reason.
6. Disarm Traps and Picking Locks: Just a hobby and helps put butter on the tarts when hunting is lean.
7. Harness Power: I think it was called something else back in my day. Us it to send and receive mana?
8. Brawling: 7 was all you needed for VolnFu should I have decided to go that route
ON GENERAL
9. Any hints, tips, suggested reading material, or I dunn'ow something I could have missed would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely;
Me, A.k.A. Littlefinger
Re: A return to the lands 09/06/2012 01:11 PM CDT
Soomblat wouldn't be any relation to Boomsplat, would it? Just wondering cause the whole "return" thing...