Tomb trolls 08/20/2016 01:21 AM CDT
So I'm just starting to take on tomb trolls, necromancers, and golems with my empath. Luckily I've already brought both my rogue and sorcerer through there or my nerves would be wracked even more then they are...

Is there anyone else that's hunted with an empath there and willing to share what they found most effective?

So far I've been relying mostly on Fire Spirit and area Web (with the occasional gold wand), which is effective but mana intensive... and Web isn't hugely reliable with necromancers being 5 levels above me AND magical. I'd also like a better option for flesh golems, how well does Web bolt work on them?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Tomb trolls 08/20/2016 02:01 AM CDT
Yeah, my empath went through there for a while. Hit them with fire spirit or a gold wand first (if you use wands). Once they have taken fire damage they won't regenerate for a while so you can use 1106 and 1110. if you get them with fire first they do not last that long, so I did not worry about webs.

As I recall, I avoided the necromancers for a few levels and just did the trolls and golems. I'm sure I started on necromancers when I was more like level with them.

I don't think I used web on the golems, either. More likely and swinging my morning star. And possibly using Bind to hold them sometimes.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Tomb trolls 08/20/2016 03:23 AM CDT
Ah, I always forget about Bind. Good to know that works on them, since there aren't many ways to restrain them that don't involve removing limbs. Too bad my sword can't be blessed cause it's weighted, though. Now that I think some more though, Wither seems like it would be a good candidate for flesh golems if they're not immune to it.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Tomb trolls 08/20/2016 09:02 PM CDT
I rarely cast wither because of the mana cost, but I don't see why it would not work.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Tomb trolls 08/21/2016 07:35 PM CDT
I tested Wither against flesh golems tonight and am sad to report they are indeed immune to it. It's not surprising though, since the wiki page for Wither says most golems are immune to it and the only things I've run across so far that's immune more then flesh golems are constructs and krag dwellers.

Starchitin