Clerics in RR 06/01/2015 05:13 AM CDT
Are there any clerics that hang out in RR these days. I am pretty new back to the game, and played plat before.
I died early this morning. Vined crawled out of room and got hit for 3 freaking points by a panther before i could heal and i died.

I can be on this afternoon later. I do have aim beldin187.
Re: Clerics in RR 06/01/2015 06:12 AM CDT
I wouldn't wait for a cleric to be around unless you want to wait until the evening. Sal is our NPC cleric and can raise you as long as you're not bleeding, so anyone that can get your butt to town and can tend you or get ahold of some pourable herbs will do.

Living in RR, you pretty much have to accept that you're most likely going to decay if you die... esp if you hunt early morning hours. I'd say I actually get rescued less then a quarter of the time I die and have been known to get annoyed when folk have shown up to rescue me when I knew there were no empaths in town (not that I said anything to the person that dragged my sorry rump back to town).

If getting rescued is important to you, letting whoever you see around town know where you'll be hunting will greatly increase your likelihood of getting one. That said, my sorcerer will be around for a bit... if I knew who you were, I could make a trip to the jungle.

Starchitin

PS AIM still exists?

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Clerics in RR 07/02/2015 12:03 AM CDT
Catching up on 6 to 8 weeks of missed posts / game.

My paladin hangs around RR and can raise.

My sorcerer has a 225 self-charging scroll, which is ideal for Jungle rescues.

There are also legitimate clerics around too. But it's fairly hit or miss if you can get exactly the help you want. However, unless you're playing really off-hours, getting some kind of help is usually very possible.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Clerics in RR 07/02/2015 11:40 PM CDT
Iv really been meaning to level a cleric....but playing low level casters makes me mad, I keep going, well carp I could just be playing my sorcerer.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: Clerics in RR 07/03/2015 12:14 AM CDT
Every year or two I post on the PC looking for my old cleric that I gave away in 1999 or so.

You know, in the days before I understood "You never really quit GemStone."

Random plug: Has anyone seen Tiramisu around? I want him back!! He used to sit at the North Gate and wave tart crumbs at people from a milk pail to raise people (after dumping milk from Hearthstone in their corpse). Oh yeah and he talked with a nearly incomprehensible accent. Last I heard someone made him into a Mularosian. ::facepalm::

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p