Yikes 11/21/2014 11:33 AM CST
You channel at a hisskra warrior.....
The hisskra warrior rolls over on his back and dies.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
>skin warrior right
You skinned the hisskra warrior, yielding a hisskra skin.
R>
A hisskra shaman slowly raises his gaze upward, then briefly closes his eyes.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.
A hisskra shaman bows his head and draws forth some old bones, a dried piece of seaweed, and a pale gull's egg, which he crushes together and spreads over the dead hisskra warrior. As he whispers a sibilant prayer, a pale nimbus encircles the fallen warrior and fades into the corpse. Moments later, the hisskra warrior awakens looking confused and somewhat drained!
The shaman sags slightly, drained by the primitive ritual.
Re: Yikes 11/21/2014 05:49 PM CST
There's a couple of critters who have shamans who can raise them; very annoying. I do hope, however, that this ritual also replaces the lost skin ... ouch!

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Yikes 11/21/2014 10:57 PM CST
Welcome to River's Rest, where hunting in the 30s has creatures that raise each other, drag their stunned foes around, and major e-wave you (hisskra don't do that, but wyrds do).

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Yikes 11/22/2014 09:18 AM CST
Skinless hisskra, never saw that one but it sounds interesting atleast. It should automatically die if raised in that condition or atleast have rank 3 bleeders in the skinned location. Did you try skinning it again?
Re: Yikes 11/23/2014 01:15 PM CST
Right, the point is that there is a flayed hisskra running about! I should have tried to reskin, although I generally avoid the shamans.
Re: Yikes 11/26/2014 08:13 AM CST
<although I generally avoid the shamans.>

The secret is to kill the shamans first, then they can't raise the others. Though, two shamans in the same room is a situation to avoid... or at least a situation to avoid killing either one in.

The main pain in the butt is that the combination of the shaman's abilities and it's AI allow for an infinite loop that will prevent you from being able to kill either the shaman or the hisskra it raised. If a warrior/chieftain/shaman is missing a leg when a shaman raises it, the shaman will use every turn trying to get it back onto it's feet only for it to fall right back down until it bleeds out, at which point the shaman re-casts minor sanctuary and raise it again. Normally just a pain when it happens, but if you happened to drop your weapon and one of them picked it up, it could be absolutely maddening.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.