Phantasmal Bestial Swordsmen? 06/29/2014 09:04 PM CDT
I have always seen the swordsmen appear to step through some sort of boundary when they appear. Is this how they gen or how they travel?

Magarven the Mad
Re: Phantasmal Bestial Swordsmen? 06/30/2014 08:11 AM CDT
I can't recall if there's a difference between spawn messaging and this teleporting effect they use, but I can tell you that they spawn only in the lower level dungeon. But once they spawn, they seem to have the ability to travel up through floors to the other areas of the keep. When they do this, the messaging indicates they rise out of the floor in some way. Regardless, if you see swordsmen outside of the dungeon it's because someone is down there spawning them and they then start to float up through the floors. Sorta like the rift crawlers. They can teleport from plane to plane, but they only spawn on 4.

~Taverkin
Re: Phantasmal Bestial Swordsmen? 06/30/2014 09:02 AM CDT
Neat!

Magarven the Mad
Re: Phantasmal Bestial Swordsmen? 07/04/2014 01:02 PM CDT
What Taverkin said is descriptively spot on, although as your question begs, the mechanics might not be perfectly understood.

I had put it in a modified form on KP at some point with some practical emphasis and empirical evidence: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/The_Citadel#Hunting_Inside_the_Citadel

As to your actual question, sorry after finding that insane herald bug and (as of yet) getting no serious GM reply, yeah.....

From my recollection, I'm fairly sure they have different messages for spawning or moving, but they use some kind of similar feeling. That might make it easy to confuse. I did want to check my logs and let you know but...I'm really stubborn and I want a formal answer to the last Citadel investigation you spurred me on!! I also macro'd 720 so I didn't care about their movements so much!

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."