Necromancer Tomb Trolls and their Animates 11/27/2011 11:19 PM CST
Can something be done so that when a necromancer animates something we kill, it doesn't auto-decay in 30-60 seconds?

Had one walk in stun me while in ambush RT then animate the one I had just killed, got double teamed while being stunned and died.

And the animate happened to pick up something and wander off with it and decayed so the janitor got the item, even though there was people looking for it to get it back for me.

I don't use the spell or have ever played a sorceror actually so not familiar with the duration, but I'd think with base lores so you could animate it would be a minimum of 5 minutes or so.

>> The duration is 600 sec + 4 sec per Sorcerous Lore, Necromancy rank. Gem value also adds to the duration, but less so than when animating creatures.

Is what I saw when I looked on Krakiipedia after it happen, now I'd think it would at least be the minumum time of 600 sec for when the Necromancers do it, being no lores, no gem, and well it's a critter so give em the cheap version. But from hunting there since the area came out, I've never timed it with a stop watch, But I want to say it's about 60 seconds or less in actuality. I've spent 2 hides and 2 ambushes (hide is 3 sec,w/o Smastery, and 5 sec ambushes) and I can't find them if they wonder off while I kill the live one first.

So I guess this is at Metsy who is charge of critters, or Oscurro cause he made them in the first place.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Necromancer Tomb Trolls and their Animates 11/27/2011 11:31 PM CST
Animates decay if you kill the necromancer that did the animating.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Necromancer Tomb Trolls and their Animates 11/27/2011 11:51 PM CST
Hmm interesting didn't know that, might have been why I lost my stuff then. I'll have to keep that in mind if I die there again and they grab my gear.

So how about changing it so they don't then? Already lousy with undead what's one more roaming about for 10 minutes?

Senglent and his wayward kin.