What's up with Shield Use? 06/03/2017 04:56 PM CDT
Browsing through the PlayerShops, it looks like Shield Use is perfectly willing to create bonus to Bonus the live long day (highest I saw was +15, but a couple of +14 and so on)...

...but if you want Ranks, the highest posted is +4. (That's "four".)

It that just because people don't want to part with the higher ones, or is that pretty much it for what will generate?
Re: What's up with Shield Use? 06/03/2017 05:22 PM CDT
>> Browsing through the PlayerShops, it looks like Shield Use is perfectly willing to create bonus to Bonus the live long day (highest I saw was +15, but a couple of +14 and so on)...

>> ...but if you want Ranks, the highest posted is +4. (That's "four".)

My guess is that the treasure system considers +4 Ranks to be equivalent to +20 bonus (the best case scenario) so I would be surprised to see anything much higher. A +20 Ranks item could potentially produce a +90 bonus which would =is why I suspect you don't see anything along these lines dropping.

This is somewhat supported by the much higher cost to recharge items with Ranks vs. bonus at the adventurers guild.

Robert
Re: What's up with Shield Use? 06/03/2017 07:48 PM CDT
Issue is that I'm currently wearing some items that are 6 or 7 ranks. (Treasure-finds, not PremiumPoint creations.)

With the stats, it's pretty easy to find both (bonus to stat, bonus to bonus), which can be combined in a single Fusion item if you orb them.

I was just struck by it, and curious if Shield Use rank Enhancives really are that rare, or if this is maybe just a dry spell.
Re: What's up with Shield Use? 06/04/2017 08:18 AM CDT
>It that just because people don't want to part with the higher ones, or is that pretty much it for what will generate?

https://gswiki.play.net/Enhancive_item_level_requirements#Skill_Ranks shows shield use going to 7 ranks in hardware or 5 ranks in finery but 16 bonus in hardware and 7 bonus in finery so it does look like you are seeing the system limit.

Gear from other sources than "recent" treasure drops does go higher (I have a +11 ranks shield use item), but there won't be anything like as much of it about, and the recharge costs are astronomical so it could be hard to sell anyway.
Re: What's up with Shield Use? 06/07/2017 12:56 PM CDT
Yep, I saw some of the bonus items, was wondering about the ranks. Ran across that Wiki page, and that's why I started browsing to see if there were any of the slightly higher ones.

Thanks for the tips!