Enhancive Limits, Spells, and YOU 04/20/2017 02:37 PM CDT
Everything that I see on the Wiki page for Enhancive limits refers specifically to items, and CMans. I see no intimation of 'spells', nor of Society powers, anywhere there.

My particular question arises because of Song of Power/1018--Mana Focus/418 doesn't enter into it because it creates an additional pulse for mana, kind of like how meditate creates an additional pulse for experience--and because I have recently been reading over the GoS information, and notice that they have a sigil that also increases mana recovery.

So, my question is, "Do these things simply 'change the mana-per-pulse number', or do they 'count as an Enhancive' (to the Mana Recovery limit)?"
Re: Enhancive Limits, Spells, and YOU 04/20/2017 03:05 PM CDT
For most, I'd say the former.

Song of Power and Mana Focus predate the enhancive system and are likely a seperate "effect", not tied into the enhancive system.

Later spells like Assume Aspect and the CMAN of Perfect Self, however, combine with other enhancive sources and the applicable caps.
Re: Enhancive Limits, Spells, and YOU 04/20/2017 04:03 PM CDT
Check whether its bolded or not in the game output. If doing something causes the value to become bolded, its an enhancive effect.

Pretty much everything can have its number displayed these days (spirit recovery is the only one I think is missing)

>Later spells like Assume Aspect and the CMAN of Perfect Self, however, combine with other enhancive sources and the applicable caps.

The other CMans that play with stats (Surge etc.) are also enhancive.

>So, my question is, "Do these things simply 'change the mana-per-pulse number', or do they 'count as an Enhancive' (to the Mana Recovery limit)?"

If the number changes, it will be enhancive. If they provide it by some separate system (like 509 does for strength, or 203 does for mana) it won't be.
Re: Enhancive Limits, Spells, and YOU 04/21/2017 11:02 AM CDT
Thanks for the details, Rathboner, but I'm afraid that Mana Recovery is one that does not MonsterBold. The 'mana' command gives you two lines, Off-node and On-node, and that's it.
(Just tested and confirmed, removed one known "+2 Mana Recovery" Enhancive. Output from 'mana' referring to Off/On recovery remained unbolded in both cases, value changed by two when worn/removed.)

I suppose I could just ask, "Hey, any of you capped Bards out there! (With, like maxxed out Harness Power == 400+ mana.) Your Off-node pulse should differ from your On-node pulse by 40 (or more) mana; when you are running Song of Power/1018--raising your Off-node pulse by 40 (or more) up to equal your On-node, and granting a bonus to your On-node pulse--and you are out in the field, do Mana Recovery Enhancives add 'even more' for you, or is that +40, it?"
Re: Enhancive Limits, Spells, and YOU 06/03/2017 04:54 PM CDT
In similar vein...

Does "boost enhancive recovery" count towards the limit of +50, or does it "just add on" (like Song of Power, for example)?