UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 08/31/2016 01:18 PM CDT
I would really be interested in how weighting (damage/crit) figures into the new UAC system (separate from any held item) and in what way 20-30 points of critical weighting added to gloves should be visible in my attacks?

I believe there is a cap of some kind regarding damage for each tier group but am really curious about the math behind it.

If there are any NIR who can apply knowledge on the mysteries of UAC + weighting and You! and would like let us peak behind the formula-curtain, that would be awesome!
Re: UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 08/31/2016 08:45 PM CDT
It works in roughly the same way as it does melee combat. Damage weighting adds to the HP damage done in an attack. Crit weighting adds to the crit calculation of the attack. The effect of the latter is more flattened in unarmed combat as compared to melee combat, since there's effectively only five calculable "crit ranks" as opposed to nine, which are mapped onto the crit table based on your current unarmed attack tier. In other words, you reach the point of diminishing returns more quickly than in melee combat. It's still useful though, especially with lower endrolls against high armor groups.
Re: UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 08/31/2016 09:54 PM CDT
Thanks Finros, for the insights, and the fantabulous fun of the fist flying
Re: UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 09/02/2016 09:09 AM CDT
>It's still useful though, especially with lower endrolls against high armor groups.

I'd add "at good position" to that, because

>there's effectively only five calculable "crit ranks"

At excellent these are all crit kills if you aim the right attack at the right location, and at decent none of them are, so its really only at good position that you get much mileage out of crit weighting. Open mstrike is about the only case I can think of where it would pay to be unaimed at excellent, so there's a bit more value there as well.

There were a few critters with tough enough armor that I wanted to get to excellent before trying the kill shot. Those are the ones where crit weighting could pay, because it can make kill shots at good position feasible against them as well as all the other squishier critters. I prefer flares though, because they give value at decent position.
Re: UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 09/03/2016 07:37 AM CDT
Wish I could take some claidh crit-weighted gloves and some claid damage-weighted gloves and compare on the TEST instance...in the name of science of course.
Re: UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 09/05/2016 06:13 AM CDT
>...in the name of science of course.

Yes. I'm sure it was in the name of science that we summoned about a dozen abyran'ra.
Re: UAC Gloves + Masterful Crit Weighting? 10/04/2016 12:35 AM CDT

"at decent none of them are, so its really only at good position that you get much mileage out of crit weighting"

Looking at the crit table for kicks to the legs, I think you could get good mileage out of crit weighting on BOOTs in combination with leg kicks, at base positioning. However, in the absence of any details, its all theoretical