Wand holding staves bugged? 10/27/2015 01:10 PM CDT

Does anyone know how the springs are changed on these? The current springs look like this "The springs appear to be in wretched, almost broken condition. They should be replaced immediately!" They've been in this state for about six months and when the staff stops functioning using the verb FIX will incur a small round time and staff will start working again. Are these staves bugged? because the springs never seem to break even though they're the off the shelf version of the staff. I have a new set of springs but no idea how to get the old ones out and the new ones in. I've checked archived posts on the official and on the unoffical boards as this question has been asked before and noone seems to know.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Wand_holding_runestaff#Wand-holding_runestaff
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/27/2015 03:03 PM CDT
Speaking as someone who used to open a lot of boxes, I would love it if the springs from traps could be loaded into the staves. Finally, a use for the darn things.
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/27/2015 03:04 PM CDT
>> Speaking as someone who used to open a lot of boxes, I would love it if the springs from traps could be loaded into the staves. Finally, a use for the darn things.

I could have sworn that was exactly what you're supposed to use to repair them. I can't check... the two wand staves I have are permanent versions.
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/27/2015 06:45 PM CDT
They're not bugged. That's the "almost busted" descriptor. Repairs, carried out via the FIX verb, have their efficacy determined by a number of stats and skills. If you repair a staff, with springs in hand, they help greatly and provide much more repair (remove more damage) than just FIXing it on its own. Said springs are consumed in the process.

___
ASGM of World Development
Events
Loot Czar
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/27/2015 06:59 PM CDT
>If you repair a staff, with springs in hand, they help greatly and provide much more repair (remove more damage) than just FIXing it on its own. Said springs are consumed in the process.

Have you checked that recently? I've tried that in both right and left hands with the springs and they're not getting consumed, I know other people have been having the same issue and nobody seems to know anything. The springs and staff are on the character on this account if you want to check.
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/27/2015 07:11 PM CDT

Ok not sure how to edit on this forum so posting again sorry. I used haste and kept fixing until I got this message "The mechanisms of the staff's segmented tip appear to be in flawless condition"

The pale faewood staff is capped with an apparatus of two interlocked rings and three triangular segments that come together at a sharp angle. The springs appear to be in a flawless and undamaged state. The tip is currently empty, revealing a deep recess in the center of the staff.
>
You notice that things have returned to their normal speed.
>glance
You glance down to see a gnarled pale faewood staff in your right hand and a steel spring in your left hand.

Still have the spring, no idea why it wasn't consumed.
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/28/2015 01:23 AM CDT
You need to achieve a certain level of success to get to the level of repairs that will consume a spring.

___
ASGM of World Development
Events
Loot Czar
Re: Wand holding staves bugged? 10/28/2015 02:39 PM CDT
Ah brilliant thanks for the info.