Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/15/2014 06:54 PM CDT
I know that some GM's have been a lot more open about sharing the amount of weighting/padding on items recently, directly stating the numerical value in most cases, so would it be possible to get the entire list published with numerical values and the corresponding descriptor?

The list on Krakiipedia isn't accurate based on the numerical value I was told my weapon was at after the last CCF run and what it assesses at. Just curious if it's possible to officially release those values?

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/16/2014 09:05 AM CDT
Remember that they just expanded the list of descriptors recently.
(i.e. They added more granularity. For example, instead of a range of [MAKING THIS UP, HERE!!] 10-20 being 'heavy', they might now have 10-13 being 'slightly heavy', 14-17 being 'moderately heavy', and 18-20 being 'heavy'.)
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/16/2014 09:19 AM CDT
Here is the list again:

In order of descending magnitude:
wondrous
incredible
fantastic <-- standard claidhmores
phenomenal
expert
superb
masterful
exceptional
very heavy
heavy <--- standard katanas
decent
somewhat
fair
light
no padding/weighting <-- This is the baseline
slightly diminished
somewhat diminished
noticeably diminished
substantially diminished
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/16/2014 09:51 AM CDT
They expanded descriptors for containers not weighting or padding.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/16/2014 11:04 AM CDT
Whoops! My bad; good catch, Richard!
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/16/2014 11:18 PM CDT
What, are there no player researchers left that like to work this sort of thing out? There are even more tools to figure it out than there were in yesteryear, when those original researchers came up with very solid models.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/18/2014 07:02 AM CDT
The list on krakiipedia (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Critical_weighting) seems to match everything I have...from somewhat (5 points), heavy (10 points), to exceptional (15 points), masterful (20 points), expert (30 points) and fantastic (40 points). Those are from personal experience with services rendered before, during and after the many events I attended last year. Keep in mind, banes are not picked up by the ASSESS system, so you won't get an additional gain on your read from those.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/18/2014 08:21 AM CDT

does anyone volunteer to write a bane article? I don't know enough about them.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/18/2014 10:27 AM CDT
As the initial post said, the Krakii article is NOT accurate. The number I was quoted on my hammer after the last CCF would put my hammer in the Masterful range, but it assesses as superbly. I confirmed with Wyrom at the time that the number and value were correct as they did not match up with what I had expected. It would have fallen into the VHCW category according to Krakiipedia before CCF as well when it was exceptional.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/18/2014 11:31 AM CDT
Krakiipedia and GSGuide.net are both wrong starting at very heavily.

With temp weighting and padding out there in abundance, fixing up until masterfully should be possible.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/18/2014 07:47 PM CDT
My apologies, though the numbers and descriptors I post are still accurate today even if the ranges on krakiipedia are incorrect.
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/18/2014 08:09 PM CDT
You should fix it!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/20/2014 07:33 PM CDT
I don't do math's, I'm a physics teacher, Wyrom!"
Re: Weighting/Padding descriptors 07/26/2014 10:51 AM CDT
I think we should take physics out of GS. No laws of the Universe shall apply!

~GM Liia, blowing a raspberry at gravity and floating away. Masterfully lightened, you could say.
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru