Resistance on armor 03/15/2014 12:07 PM CDT

Hi all,

Curious if anyone can tell me how I tell if the resistance on my armor is permanent or temporary. Picked up the armor and the seller never mentioned it so curious how I find out. Does it specify in loresinging? Some other way?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Resistance on armor 03/15/2014 12:12 PM CDT
A bard will be able to tell you if it is permanent or not.

-- Robert
Re: Resistance on armor 03/15/2014 01:13 PM CDT

I had it sung to and all it said was the armor is incredibly resistant. So in this case the resistance is permanent. I take it that if it was temporary then it would say something about the resistance degrading or being temporary?

Thanks again.
Re: Resistance on armor 03/15/2014 01:17 PM CDT

One more question, will the loresong specifically say if the armor has resistance which has been added by a ranger?
Re: Resistance on armor 03/15/2014 04:33 PM CDT
Unlike player enchantment, loresongs will not tell you that a resistance has been added by XX player. It would be neat if it did! Likewise it won't tell you the difference between warrior added puncture resistance and a piece that just came by it randomly. Bards can generally tell permanence/not based on where in the song the information was displayed, as well as the obvious (if it's not permanent, but not added by a player, the bard will be told that it's a temporary enhancement, how many strikes remain, etc.).

Personally I'd love to see a bit more information via loresong on player-added properties, but like as not this is meant to be proprietary information for the classes able to add said resistances.

~Nia
Re: Resistance on armor 03/15/2014 05:45 PM CDT

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful.
Re: Resistance on armor 03/26/2014 02:04 PM CDT

Ok, just want to get this cleared up if anyone can help. Got a loresong and a ranger assess on my armor but still not 100% sure if it's temporary or permanent as I have nothing else to compare it to. Guessing it's temporary but not really sure as the loresong doesn't have the word temporary anywhere. Thanks for the help.

Loresong:
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the diamond-studded brigandine in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the brigandine is the weight, which is about 18 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 7,400,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the diamond-studded brigandine.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the diamond-studded brigandine in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic around the diamond-studded brigandine. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the brigandine is as some type of defensive garment.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the diamond-studded brigandine in your hand...

It has a bonus of +17 from a normal brigandine, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is rigid leather armor. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet. The diamond-studded brigandine seems to have some sort of unusual protection against damage.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the diamond-studded brigandine in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the brigandine serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds.

As your song penetrates the diamond-studded brigandine, you determine that it is incredibly resistant to fiery attacks.

RANGER ASSESS:

You examine the diamond-studded brigandine closely, lightly running your fingers over the material.
You sense that the brigandine is imbued with the magic of nature, and your fingertips detect the slightest presence of warmth along the surface of the brigandine. The imbued magic in the brigandine seems to offer some amount of resistance to its targeted element. The aura of the magic is vibrant. You cannot tell anything more about the diamond-studded brigandine.
Re: Resistance on armor 05/23/2014 10:27 PM CDT
I think it's temporary because I just assessed my permanent element resist armor with my ranger and did not get a similar message. Also, I've never seen a permanent incredibly resistant armor but not sure if there are some out there.