Troll Kings and UAC 11/11/2013 04:54 PM CST
So here is something about which I'm curious, hoping someone has an answer:

I am under the impression that troll kings are immune to instant death, hence the "The troll king continues to struggle for life!" messaging.

However, I noticed that troll kings die when hit by UAC death crits. And always. So I'm wondering, why the difference?

I'm guessing it's a difference in UAC versus the older TK mechanics, but anyone know? It's bugging me. Although I'm not complaining about killing a TK in one hit while the rest of the world needs to mush them up into jelly.
Here's an example:

A massive troll king arrives, flexing its massive claws.
>
You attempt to jab a massive troll king!
You exploit the momentum of your previous strike to make a stronger attack against a massive troll king!
You have excellent positioning against a massive troll king.
UAF: 383 vs UDF: 310 = 1.235 * MM: 95 + d100: 89 = 206
... and hit for 19 points of damage!
Left foot smashed by quickly descending fist!
The troll king is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
You make a precise attempt to punch a massive troll king!
You have excellent positioning against a massive troll king.
UAF: 383 vs UDF: 280 = 1.367 * MM: 119 + d100: 98 = 260
... and hit for 82 points of damage!
Explosive punch to the face leaves little else than a pulpy mass of blood, bone, and brain matter!
The troll king continues to struggle for life!
The troll king lies still.

[You have completed this portion of your Adventurer's Guild task.]
[You have earned 95 prestige points.]
Roundtime: 4 sec.

--Thoughts?

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: Troll Kings and UAC 11/11/2013 08:20 PM CST
I think its a bug. I bugged it in game a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy it while it lasts, it'll be hell monking them when it gets fixed but they are monk cake at present.

I had tested UAC on them with another character some time ago, because I thought they were likely to be buggy, but my memory is that they were working properly then. Either I'm remembering wrong or some other fix broke MTKs.
Re: Troll Kings and UAC 02/18/2014 05:28 PM CST

I cannot remember, but I think you can crit kill then with a few types, like punctures. It may be a bug, but maybe the UAC is making a punch a puncture for that instance.
I think a rogue can do that stabbity stab thing with knives and get crit kills.