650 Question - Ideas on use? 08/28/2018 04:45 AM CDT
I level pretty slowly, and just recently picked up 650 before I'll return to the 100s for 130-140 prior to cap. I only played around with Aspect a bit over the weekend and am interested in hearing about the situations where some of you have found it most useful. I liked the TD pushdown on Web, especially to bring Griffins to the ground, so that's definitely a good use. I tried to get a sense for the Wall of Thorns benefit, but didn't necessarily play around with it long enough to tell. I'm not sure I like the 2 minute aspect duration followed by the 4 minute cooldown, but it's just something to get used to I guess.

So, what are your main uses of the spell, even if it's to NOT cast it? :)
Re: 650 Question - Ideas on use? 08/28/2018 11:44 AM CDT
Use of 650 would differ from ranger to ranger. I know as a ranged user I use different aspects than a sword and board ranger would.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

http://radeekandoran.blogspot.ca/

http://thetehirchronicles.blogspot.ca/
Re: 650 Question - Ideas on use? 08/28/2018 12:03 PM CDT

Sword and board ranger and i never use it. I am sure there are situations that i should use 650 but with it having such little use i never keep it in my rotation of spells to use.
Re: 650 Question - Ideas on use? 08/28/2018 12:27 PM CDT
I love 650 as an RP tool. Outside of that, I'll keep it for Duskruin Arena, swapping between hawk and wolf for ranged sniping. Yierka is Handy for foragkng, or for the IMT trail or keen cliffs. Porupine and serpent are my favorites for solo bandits if I bother to use 650 on them. It is mana intensive.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: 650 Question - Ideas on use? 08/30/2018 06:35 AM CDT
I run Porcupine nearly constantly, both for the blocking boost to 640 (which is amazing) as well as the Logic bonus, which helps with experience absorption. I use Owl to boost CS and TD as well as to gain back spirit quickly after dying (and if you're in CoL, it's good for that, too). Wolf (for Dex) or Lion (for Str) are both good AS boosters, depending on what you're hunting. Panther + 617 + SM + 2x hiding makes you nearly undetectable. Etc. It's a mana-intensive and situational spell, but very powerful. It takes effort to use it, though, given the durations and upkeep.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: 650 Question - Ideas on use? 09/01/2018 07:15 AM CDT
Thanks for the replies all. Definitely a useful spell, however I likely won't use it too much at this level. Looking forward to some more experience however. :)
Re: 650 Question - Ideas on use? 09/01/2018 09:03 AM CDT
<Thanks for the replies all. Definitely a useful spell, however I likely won't use it too much at this level. Looking forward to some more experience however. :)>

Aside from the ones that are buffs you can stack up to 4 hours and forget, most spells at or above level 20 are of limited use until quite a few levels after you can cast them. Some will simply be because they cost so much mana (pretty much all the attack spells), but others require more lores to make use of them then you'll have (ex 325), have REALLY low durations (ex 140), or have some sort of dependency on level/spell ranks for their effectiveness (ex 730).

On the bright side, there's a couple like 225 that can be used as needed pretty much right out of the box (until NIR decide to review the spell circles they're in, anyway).

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.