Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 02:52 PM CDT
Rangers need a transport spell like their pals have. Suggestion: Tree Walk (or Transport via Plants, or ... uh... Magma Swim for going under the crust!)

We're weedmages after all!
Re: Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 04:13 PM CDT
Pffft.

Just keep saying, "But this looks like the Landing, doesn't it?" same as you do now. Not like Rangers can find any given town on any given day anyhow...

<flee!>

<but not too fast, because. yeah. not finding...>
Re: Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 05:36 PM CDT
Hey I said "Transport", not "Transport where I intended to go!" :D
Re: Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 05:46 PM CDT
The more I think about it, the more I think Krakii's on to something...

New Spell 6uh...45: "Get Lost" - The ranger casting this wanders off into the brush/forest and turns up in some random location either in the same zone or different zone depending on blah blah ranks of some Lore, with a threshold of XX ranks or they run the risk of never being seen again.
Re: Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 06:25 PM CDT
"...they run the risk of never being seen again... except by other Rangers." -- Erek's proposal, with emendations

Fixed that up for ya. :)
Re: Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 06:36 PM CDT
In Dragonrealms, there are paths that only a ranger can use for "fast travel".

It might be neat to have mini shortcut paths in various places around the game to skip obstacles.
Re: Transport Spell! 04/11/2018 07:06 PM CDT
We could call them wormholes, and Rangers get to wear the gold squiggle on their foreheads...

(But yeah, other than my mockery, I would totally buy into this setup. :)
Re: Transport Spell! 04/12/2018 10:25 AM CDT
The idea of short cuts have come up several times over the years as a guild skill. With the new transportation changes plus fogging access plus sunfist or voln transport options i ratber see development else where like a review of 620 to get inline with the over abudence of scripted damage and crit armor.
Re: Transport Spell! 04/13/2018 09:26 AM CDT
>>i ratber see development else where like a review of 620 to get inline with the over abudence of scripted damage and crit armor.

I'm totally with you. I really meant this in fun, more than a serious ask. Would it be cool? Sure, but there are other things I think need some love first.
Re: Transport Spell! 04/13/2018 04:35 PM CDT
Make companions able to wear gold rings that, when activated, make them take the ranger through the short-cuts they use to get to locations when told to TRACK or MESSAGE folk. Those bonded to birds might have to miss out on the feature (unless Aelotoi were given the ability to fly with their wings), but would be cool new messaging for the others.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.