So am i shooting myself in the foot? 01/24/2018 08:35 AM CST

i'm level 49 but only have level 40 ranger spells and 7 minor elem. should i be hitting my ranger spells a full 1X or will i be just fine doing it thsi way?

mitch
Re: So am i shooting myself in the foot? 01/24/2018 09:07 AM CST
There are spells like mobiles that give more bonuses as you increase ranger ranks. Beyond that I have Pup setup at 640 then 130 then ranger the rest of the way. If you are stopping at 640 it should be fine if you feel comfortable. Maybe add a bit of both lores to get that boost too.
Re: So am i shooting myself in the foot? 01/24/2018 09:08 AM CST
I'm going to assume you mean Minor Spirit since it would really be something if your ranger knew elemental spells.

My ranger's only a couple levels behind yours and going on the same route with spells. From everything I've seen and been told, there's no compelling reason to get more then 40 ranger spells until after you've gotten 120 unless you're going the weed mage route (in which case you'd presumably be getting more spells then you have anyway).

If anything, they'll prolly say go ahead and pick up three more spirit spells to bring yourself up to a full 1x in spell research. It's prolly not worth sacrificing other training to do unless there's a spell you really want but don't have yet though.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: So am i shooting myself in the foot? 01/24/2018 01:30 PM CST

yeah, minor spirit. i was playing my wizard earlier.

okay. i wasn't sure if 650 was a MUST!!! or anything. i struggle with mana as it is.

thanks gang!

mitch