Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 06:27 AM CST
With the recent change to 520 - Mage armor being non-imbeddible because it's "a signature wizard spell" and the concern about "bot wizards" making imbeds for others to use I think it's time to talk about our signature defensive spell. For far too long our signature defensive spell 618 - Mobility has been used by everyone and their mother with impunity. Every pure worth their salt has a "bot ranger" to provide them with Mobility, and gather their herbs for them but that's another discussion. I propose making 618 self-cast only, removing it from regularly available magic items and scrolls and removing the maneuver benefit for non-native casters. If you are tired of every wizard and their mother having a ranger bot casting 618 on them please voice your support loudly and often. It should only take 2 or 3 of us posting repeatedly and being rude to others to get this change made within 24 hours.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 09:20 AM CST
You might want to look to have it moved up a couple spell levels to 620 while you are at it... I suspect it being a level 20 (or above) spell was a key factor in the decision to make the change for 520 more than anything. In it's prior incarnation it was pretty much an irrelevant point, the old 520 was pretty useless.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 09:53 AM CST
To be fair when it comes to our 20th rank spell I say wizards can have it. Please just take it. It's a complete waste of a spell slot.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 10:18 AM CST
We definitely have some disagreement over the value of 620 but you probably wear heavier armor (my ranger and many of my other characters wear brig or lighter).

I think there were some good suggestions made in a different thread about improving 620 though.

Regarding 520: I'm pretty ambivalent about 520 being available to others - the point I was making about being level 20 is that it seems that, in general, level 19 is the cutoff for spells being made available via scrolls, 1750, imbedding, etc. and 520 being available as an imbed feels like more the exception than the rule (based on spell level, not on spell functionality).

Sure there are exceptions to every rule.

-- Robert

Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 10:39 AM CST
Actually I wear brig but it's padding level is too high for me to ever put 620 on it.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 11:44 AM CST
Good grief, every time wizards get something all they do is find something about it to whine about, no matter how small it might be. Now it's even spilling over into the other profession's folders.

You want someone else's level 20 spell imbedded for you? Here, have this rod full of 720, I made the activator RAISE just for you. Kind of unfair that the sorcerer's level 20 professional spell can be imbedded with 420 but the wizard's can't... but here, have as many as you can carry.

I keep seeing that "every wizard spell" is available to everyone... yet they have 7 spells at level 20 or below excluded from 420 as opposed to 3 spells sorcerer's know that are excluded. Not to mention wizards are only profession that has two spell circles of which only they have native knowledge.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 11:54 AM CST
>> Good grief, every time wizards get something all they do is find something about it to whine about, no matter how small it might be. Now it's even spilling over into the other profession's folders.

I don't see any wizards whining in this folder...

-- Robert

Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 02:22 PM CST

I personally do not mind sharing 618. I regularily exchange spells for spells and its nicehaving a sought after spellto give out. I have more issues with defense scrolls and imbeds as they give me last a chance to share.
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 02:52 PM CST

I actually like having 602 shimmers, 611 hues, and 618 mobility as something I can offer others and they are appreciated.

620 I would like to see tweaked. Many, I do not know for certain the numbers, but many rangers wear chain and our 620 is simply a wasted slot for them. As was mentioned, there is another thread that this has been beat on a bit.

The 520 having an aspect that can break or aid against stuns is great for wizards.

I would really like to see one of our aspects help against stuns. I think I mentioned aspect bear (con) before but I am sure there are many options for rangers besides that. Self control helping with ranged and spell aim:) yes.

Profession envy is uncool. I like our profession and we have a fantastic set of spells. A few tweaks, sure, always love to see a few adjustments.

Aurach
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 03:11 PM CST
I have to agree i overall love our spell list and think there only need to be tweaks. 620 really needs to include chain and revamp the speed on getting potions. I wouldnt mind seeing more benefits from lores in 650 with the currebt spell bei g the base. I do think we have a good number of shareable spells that allow us to barter our spells for an equivalent need from others. I have not seen an issue with people self casting off imbeds or scroll that makes me think i lost the ability to use my spells s barter
Re: Taking Back Our Spells 11/06/2016 03:41 PM CST
To be clear I was being facetious about not sharing our spells. I just think the mindset being espoused on the wizard forums of not wanting spells castable on others or imbeddable is ridiculous and was trying to point that out. That said I don't see much point of requesting changes to 620, which should be made to work for all rangers regardless of what armor they're wearing, or 650 here. It's pretty obvious the dev team has no interest or intention of making any changes for rangers or bards. I'll be amazed if we even see a staff response to any of this.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM