650 thought 04/17/2016 09:13 AM CDT
would it be possible to remove having to cast this spell, and then assume an aspect?

I propose that a ranger that has the ability to cast this spell should only have to assume an aspect (for 50 mana) subsequently triggering a 10 min cooldown period in which any new aspect assumed cost only 25 mana, and the first aspect assumed after the expiration of the cooldown period cost the original 50 mana.

This spell is basically a situational spell, and having to either keep it up when you dont need it (just to have quick access to an aspect), or waiting until you do need it and then having to first cast, then assume,(not to mention that if you are an ambusher casting pulls you out of hiding) simply makes this spell very cumbersome.
Re: 650 thought 04/17/2016 09:24 AM CDT
You can prep 650/assume aspect instead of casting first then assuming the aspect. That doesn't help with the pulling out of hiding bit, but it might help with some of what else you are requesting.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: 650 thought 04/17/2016 09:29 AM CDT

A small Increase in duration from Lores would be my request. The spell just seems to wear off as fast as you put it up.

But I love using it.

When using this for sniping.
I tend to cast this and assume aspect wolf, then when that fades I assume jackal. I just rotate back and forth. Keeping my Dexterity and Ambush skills boosted.

For blade hunting, it can be whatever your weakness's are.

Open hunting I like Porcupine and serpent for evasion. Although with two weapons I like the increased 'parry' from Mantis as well.
Re: 650 thought 04/17/2016 10:50 AM CDT
<(not to mention that if you are an ambusher casting pulls you out of hiding)>

I always thought rangers should have a professional ability or CMAN that allowed them to cast non-attack spells and remain in the shadows if they were skilled enough in S&H. I mean if wizards can cast spells while invisible, why shouldn't rangers be able to cast and remain hidden?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: 650 thought 04/17/2016 12:03 PM CDT

Initial casting of 650 is a normal spell.

Assuming new aspects you stay hidden.

But being able to refresh non-combat spells in shadows would be fantastic.