Sunburst 02/18/2015 10:57 AM CST
Anyone else noticing 609 not pulling all hidden from shadows since the update to incanting?
Currently at 146 ranger ranks, and sunburst is missing hidden bandits.

John
Re: Sunburst 02/18/2015 10:59 AM CST
Sunburst shouldn't miss hidden anything. As far as I know it has a 100% chance to pull any hidden out and inform you of any invisible regardless of skill.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Sunburst 02/18/2015 12:55 PM CST
I think sometimes it depends. If it's the targeted version, I know it doesn't bring arrows out (I've found this out when a creature wanders into a room as I'm cleaning up and yes, I am lazy enough that my primary use of 609 is finding arrows). So maybe if there's a creature standing in the room, it won't bring hiding creatures out as well?

I know I've also used it in town to find an invisible person who is being troublesome, I've found that it does give different messaging sometimes. Sometimes it will note that it just looks like someone's around and other times it will say that I see NAME who is invisible. So it's possible that there's some hidden roll behind it.
Re: Sunburst 02/18/2015 01:22 PM CST
609 cannot fail to bring players, creatures or projectiles from a hidden state. If it is failing to do so, it's a bug.

What's more likely is that players/creatures are moving (or the caster is missing some piece of information). If someone is experiencing these issues, it will be helpful to provide a log of the event.

If there are invisible characters in a room, 609 will detect their presence every time, without fail, but will not remove the invisibility. This is an intended function of the spell.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Sunburst 02/18/2015 04:32 PM CST

Think the bandits are spawning, after I cast the sunburst. Then leaping. I'll check some more.

John