650 Porcupine Issues 10/06/2014 03:31 PM CDT
So, I guess someone did some work on Porcupine, or WoT, or some aspects involved in Porcupine, as it acts differently now.

That said, I had a couple questions about the way it's working now.

What percentage is the Porcupine enhances WoT supposed to block, because I don't feel like it's blocking any more than the normal percentage sans Porcupine.

Second, can we make it so the string displays when WoT actually blocks an attack? Quite often, it appears as though creatures aren't attacking me for a period of time when it's more likely that I'm just not seeing the strings displayed in front of me. I can often tell this is the case when a griffin (uninjured) swoops down to attack, but "doesn't."

>A war griffin swoops down from high overhead!
[Nothing appears here.]

Would someone mind looking at this please?

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: 650 Porcupine Issues 10/07/2014 10:29 AM CDT
Brian, Sepher's player
So, I guess someone did some work on Porcupine, or WoT, or some aspects involved in Porcupine, as it acts differently now.

Neither spells have been updated in sometime. What are you seeing that is different?

Brian, Sepher's player
What percentage is the Porcupine enhances WoT supposed to block, because I don't feel like it's blocking any more than the normal percentage sans Porcupine.

I verified in game that the bonus is working. I'm not going to release any specific numbers, as that would be GameMaster Mestys' call.

Brian, Sepher's player
Second, can we make it so the string displays when WoT actually blocks an attack? Quite often, it appears as though creatures aren't attacking me for a period of time when it's more likely that I'm just not seeing the strings displayed in front of me. I can often tell this is the case when a griffin (uninjured) swoops down to attack, but "doesn't."

Anytime Wall of Thorns blocks an attack, it messages the caster. If the creature is pausing with no messaging, it's due to some other issue.

GameMaster Estild
Re: 650 Porcupine Issues 10/07/2014 12:08 PM CDT
>Anytime Wall of Thorns blocks an attack, it messages the caster. If the creature is pausing with no messaging, it's due to some other issue.

Weird. I'll talk to some other rangers. I don't have any lines squelched (and the messaging does appear when Porcupine isn't active); Lich sometimes doesn't print every line, but that's never appeared to be consistent.

Let me see what I can figure out.

~Brian, Sepher's player