Returning 03/22/2017 01:30 PM CDT
Hey, I've been gone for.. over year? Trying to catch back up on stuff. Anyone want to fill me in on anything important? I just learned we now absorb xp while logged off. Logged out saturated came back empty, I was very confused. And if anyone wants to let me know what this "long term experience" thing is, that would be great. I used a boost and it seems like I lost 250 xp in the process?

Daemon Ranger
Re: Returning 03/23/2017 07:46 AM CDT
The longterm boost converts 500 field EXP to 250 longterm (offline) EXP. Great for when power hunting. The longterm gets absorbed while offline after lumnis wears off and I want to say 250 ticks away each night at midnight, the specifics may be off in that statement, but the general behavior should be accurate.
Re: Returning 03/23/2017 09:41 AM CDT

Welcome back!

you do lose 250 experience when you boost long term, so use it when you're fried and going to be fried-er
Re: Returning 03/23/2017 10:33 AM CDT
Long-term experience boost - I find them best used when you're out doing a bounty (or others have suggested when you're going through Reim, but I don't frequent Reim) and you've hit max amount of exp you'll hold in your head, but you still need to kill X amount of some creature. Pop one of the long term experience boosts and continue to kill things.

This way, you're not simply wasting experience.

-Drumpel
Re: Returning 03/23/2017 08:08 PM CDT
Interesting, ok.

Anything else fun I should know about? I saw Reim, then saw non-corp undead and quickly said hell no :)

Daemon Ranger
Re: Returning 03/23/2017 09:43 PM CDT
>Anything else fun I should know about?

New Boil Earth spell - now Earthen Fury.

It's a fun spell to cast at creatures, but a horrible spell to have cast at you (much like spell 915 - Weapon Fire).

Being a ranger, as long as you have decent DEX, AGI, train at least 1x in dodge and PE, having resist elements and mobility up....also being trained for your armor and not encumbered, you probably won't have much of an issue with it.

I can't think of any other spell adjustments that came into play during your absence. I'd post a link to 917 from the gswiki - but it's being really slow right now. So if you need to know more about it, hit up the gswki.

-Drumpel